ABOUT 3i INFRASTRUCTURE
📊 3i Infrastructure plc, an infrastructure investment company, was founded in 2007 and has its headquarters in Jersey in the United Kingdom.
📊 Today, the company is one of Europe’s leading private equity investments, and one of the largest investment trusts on the London Stock Exchange. 3i Group plc owns approximately 34% of the company.
📊 The company’s strategy is to maintain a balanced portfolio of infrastructure investments that deliver an attractive mix of yield and capital appreciation for its shareholders who purchase company shares. It invests in mid-market infrastructure and greenfield products in developed markets.
📊 Investments are originated through the company’s dedicated investment team based in London and Paris, as well as through its extensive network of business leaders and relationships.
📊 Its objective is to provide shareholders with total return of 8% to 10% per annum – achieved over the medium term – with a progressive annual dividend per share.
OVERVIEW OF 3i INFRASTRUCTURE
- 3i Infrastructure plc invests in growth capital, infrastructure and buyouts, as well as private equity. The company’s focus is primarily on later-stage markets comprising business services, consumer, industrial, utilities, transportation and social infrastructure.
- The company’s major assets in the UK, Europe, North America and Asia include, amongst others, AWG plc, Oystercatchers, Elenia, FSVAGT and Cross London Trains. It concentrates on enterprise values between £100 million to £500 million. It boasts about £10 million in assets under management.
- The company’s target markets for new investment include economic infrastructure businesses that own their asset base in perpetuity, or have long-term concessions backed by solid regulatory frameworks. It is represented on the boards of its investments by the Investment Manager. The latter works with the management team to construct the strategic plan for the company.
- Investments are sold when a sale would maximise value for the company’s shareholders. As of March 2019, the company has a portfolio of 27 assets valued at £1.9 billion, comprising nine investments in economic infrastructure businesses and 13 in its projects portfolio.
VISION & VALUES OF 3i INFRASTRUCTURE
- 3i Infrastructure’s objective is to provide its shareholders who purchase company stock a total return of up to 10% per annum.
- It achieves this objective by maintaining a balanced product portfolio and through operating with integrity, honesty and accountability.
- Its business model is based on values such as discipline, respect and truthful communication.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF 3i INFRASTRUCTURE
- 3i Infrastructure plc trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol 3IN. The company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of £ 620.3 million, operating income of £ 479.6 million and net income of £ 479.6 million.
- This solid performance guarantees shareholders who buy or sell company shares sound dividends and returns on their investments.