3M COMPANY (MMM) Stocks
ABOUT 3M COMPANY
📊 The multinational conglomerate 3M Company started more than a century ago in 1902. Its products include adhesives, personal protective equipment, abrasives, medical products, electronic circuits, laminates and electronic materials. 3M’s headquarters is based in Maplewood, Minnesota.
📊 3M Company has more than 91 000 employees with subsidiary companies in 70 countries and sales in 200. Today 3M has more than 60 000 products being used in businesses, hospitals, homes, other industries and schools.
You might also like: ABBVIE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF 3M COMPANY
In 1902 3M Company started as a small scale mining venture – called the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company – in Northern Minnesota.
• 1914 – 3M’s first exclusive product was the 3M™ Three-M-ite™ Abrasive Cloth • 1925 – The Scotch® brand tape product, Masking Tape, was invented
• 1937 – A Central Research Laboratory was established leading to breakthroughs such as reflective materials used to improve highway markings and signs
• 1951 – A new International Division is established and companies created in Brazil, France, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany and Canada
• 1962 – 3M completes the building of its global headquarters in Maplewood, Minnesota
• 1969 – Astronauts use 3M products during the first moon landing. One of the products is 3M™ Fluorel™ Elastomer a synthetic rubber which is used in the astronaut’s boots worn inside the space capsule.
• 1980 – 3M introduces its well-known Post-it® Notes • 2002 – Celebrating its centennial anniversary 3M Company becomes the legal name for 3M which was originally incorporated as Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company
VALUES OF 3M COMPANY
- In 1975 the company launches the Pollution Prevention Pays program allowing employees to guide 3M’s sustainability efforts. Up until today the “3P” program has eliminated more than a billion pounds of pollution and saved billions cost wise.
- 3M’s vision is commitment to improving business, the planet and every life. The company applies science, curiosity and its resources to tackle the world’s needs, problems, challenges and opportunities. 3M commits to use the power of science to improve the climate, accelerate a circular economy, to do more with less material and to be an inspiration to others.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF 3M COMPANY
- In 1946 3M Company stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Its NYSE Stock Symbol is “MMM”. Almost 60 years later, in 2004, sales topped $20 billion for the first time in 3M’s history. In 2013 3M topped $30 billion in sales around the world. In 2015 – for the 16th consecutive year – 3M is named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- 3M made $31.7 billion in total sales in 2017. In the 2018 Fortune 500 list of largest United States corporations by total revenue, 3M ranked No. 97.
- 3M reported earnings of US$4.858 billion for the fiscal year 2018, an annual revenue of US$31.657 billion and an increase of 5.1% over the previous fiscal cycle. The company’s shares traded at over $200 per share and in October 2018 its market capitalization was valued at over US$107.7 billion.
- Forbes expects 3M to continue its growth momentum for the Fiscal year 2019 – revenue to increase by approximately 3.6% YOY and EPS by approximately 18.5% YOY.
- In March 2019 3M Company announces its company realignment from five to four business segments which will strengthen its ability to meet the fast-moving needs of its global customers. The four business segments are Safety & Industrial, Transportation & Electronics, Health Care and Consumer. The company will start reporting its financial results under the new structure as from the second quarter of 2019.
You might also like: ADIENT PLC
LATEST NEWS 3M COMPANY
Buy 3M COMPANY stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase 3M COMPANY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy 3M COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN 3M COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE 3M COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of 3M COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy 3M COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ADECOAGRO S.A. STOCKS