8×8 (EGHT) Stocks
📊 The public company, 8×8, Inc. makes history by being the world’s first communications cloud provider. It enables more than 1 million business users globally to collaborate and communicate through its more than 175 patents.
📊 The company assists businesses in transforming their employee and customer experience. Businesses now communicate smarter and faster by using its one system of engagement for video, collaboration, voice and contact centers and one intelligence system on one technology platform.
📊 8×8 was founded in 1987 and its headquarters is in San Jose, California. It has more than 1 200 employees.
You might also like: 3D SYSTEMS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF 8×8
- The company was initially called Integrated-Information Technology, Inc. or IIT. The name was changed to 8×8, Inc. in the early 1990’s. During the late 1980’s and early 1990’s the company produces semiconductor products for the graphics chipset and math coprocessor markets.
- 8×8 launches Voice over IP(VoIP) chips and software in January 1999, which is sold to IP phone, UP/PSTN gateway and other manufacturers of VolP equipment. In the same year 8×8 purchases two companies, Odisei and U|Force, to acquire network/server VoIP technologies. They start selling end-to-end VoIP technology solution services.
- 8×8, Inc. relaunches itself as a VolP service provider in 2002 under the Packet8 brand.
- In 2003 the company launches its first videophone services on the Packet8 network. A year later it becomes the first VoLP service provider to offer its subscribers replacement E-911 services. The Packet 8 Virtual Office – a suite of business services – is also launched. In 2007 the company accepts 200 000 customers who lost phone services when VoIP startup – SunRocket- was liquidated. Unified Communications is added to 8×8’s portfolio in 2009. In 2011 a contact center solution and mobile solutions are added.
- Today 8×8, Inc. continues to purchase businesses – going from strength to strength.
VALUES OF 8×8
- 8×8 offers exceptional customer support and outstanding reliability from its global data centers. This ensures maximum uptime and business continuity to its clients.
- The company is the dominant choice of businesses who want their current and future communications and other needs met through powerful services. 8×8, Inc. is passionate about its customers long-term success and goes the extra distance to earn its customers trust from sales to support and implementation to operation. 3
- In 2015 Infonetics Research names the company as the Number1 Cloud Unified Communications Provider in its 2015 Cloud UC North American Service Provider Scorecard.
- In 2017, Gartner positions 8×8 in the Leaders Quadrant of its Magic Quadrant for UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) for the sixth year in a row.
- 2019 sees 8×8 named the Channel Influencer Award Winner by Channel Partners, Channel Futures.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF 8×8
- In 1997 8×8, Inc. goes public on the NASDAQ market. In 2002 8×8, Inc. is listed on the Nasdaq SmallCap Market. The company moves their trading to the New York Stock Exchange in 2017. Its NYSE Stock Symbol is “EGHT”.
- 8×8, Inc.’s revenue in 2018 amounts to 296,5 million USD. The company remains confident in its long-term growth opportunities and creating shareholder value.
You might also like: 3M COMPANY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS 8×8
Buy 8×8 stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase 8×8 Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy 8×8 Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN 8×8 STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE 8×8 STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of 8×8 stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy 8×8 stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ABBVIE STOCKS