AARON’S (AAN) Stocks
📊 Aaron’s, Inc. is a leading lease-to-own retailer of electronics, furniture, computers and appliances. Its history goes back to 1955 when it was founded under the name Aaron Rents Inc. The company started trading publicly in 1982. Aaron’s, Inc. owns the brands Aaron’s, HELPcard and Progressive Leasing.
📊 The company also has an e-commerce platform, Aarons.com. Its virtual lease-to-own company, Progressive Learning, provides lease-to-purchase options through around 20 000 retail locations. Second-look credit products – originated through a federally insured bank -are provided through HELPcard and Dent-A-Med.
📊 The company’s headquarters is in Atlanta, Georgia and it has approximately 1 600 company franchised and operated stores in 47 states and in Canada.
📊 Aaron’s Inc.’s subsidiaries are Progressive Finance Holdings, LLC, Aaron’s Logistics, LLC, Aaron Investment Company and Dami, LLC amongst others.
OVERVIEW OF AARON’S
- Aaron’s, Inc. is incorporated on March 28, 1962.
- In 2005 Aaron’s opens its 1 000th store and its 1 500th store in 2007.
- In 2008 Aaron’s sells its Corporate Furnishings division to CORT Business Services, part of Berkshire Hathaway. This division operated 47 stores and recorded revenues of approximately $99 million in 2007.
- The company opens its 2 000th store in 2012.
- In 2014 the company acquires Progressive Finance which increases its market share both in the emerging virtual rent-to-own (RTO) and in the traditional rent-to-own (RTO) space. This acquisition assists the company to address credit-challenged customers’ needs for buying electronics, furniture and appliances – as clients are moving towards a multi-channel acquisition of services and goods.
- In the same year the company announces plans to reshape its core business. This is done by focussing on enhancing Aaron’s online platform, same store revenue growth, moderating new store growth, driving cost efficiencies and strengthening its franchise network.
- Its e-commerce platform is rolled out in 2015.
- Aaron’s Inc. sets the Guinness World Record for the largest game of tumbling mattress dominoes in 2016. It uses more than a 1 000 mattresses and people to accomplish this.
- Today the company’s stores carry brands, such as Hewlett-Packard, Samsung, Magnavox, LG, Frigidaire, Simmons, Whirlpool, Philips and Ashley.
VALUES OF AARON’S
- Aaron’s Inc. offers affordable payment plans, superior service and quality merchandise.
- In its community involvement the company has sponsored various drivers in motor sports events over the years. Its involvement has been in NASCAR, the Talladega Superspeedway, the National Hot Rod Association and Daytona.
- The company has a longstanding tradition of giving back to its communities and was part of such an event in March 2019. Aaron’s Inc. provided the furnishings for a surprise home presentation to a single mother and her four sons in Augusta. This was part of the Homes for the Holidays (HFTH) programs which is sponsored by former NFL star Warrick Dunn.
- The programme assists single parents to become first-time homeowners.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AARON’S
- Aaron’s Inc., was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1998. It trades under the NYSE Stock Symbol “AAN”.
- In 2016 the company’s revenue was $3,21 billion.
- In February 2019 Aaron’s Inc. made its Fourth Quarter earnings known during a Conference Call Webcast.
LATEST NEWS AARON’S
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AARON’S Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AARON’S STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AARON’S STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AARON’S stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AARON’S stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?