ABBOTT LABORATORIES (ABT) Stocks
ABOUT ABBOTT LABORATORIES
📊 Abbott Laboratories is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and sells a diversified range of health care products and services. Its products include nutritional, pharmaceuticals, vascular products and diagnostics.
📊 Abbott creates breakthrough products to assist people in leading healthier lives. It is a leader in Blood Screening, Adult Nutrition, Pediatric Nutrition, Left Ventricular Assist Devices, Remote Heart Failure Monitory and Point of Care Testing.
📊 The company’s history dates back more than 130 years to 1888 in Chicago, IL. where it is still headquartered. Today it operates in more than 160 countries and has 103 000 employees.
You might also like: ABB STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- In 1888 Dr. Wallace C. Abbott – a physician and drug store proprietor – starts producing scientifically formulated medications in the back of his People’s Drug Store in Chicago. Active plant and herb ingredients are used in his remedies. The total sales in the first year amount to $2 000.
- In 1894 it is incorporated as the Abbott Alkaloidal Company. It opens an office in London, England in 1907. In 1916 a breakthrough antiseptic, the company’s first synthetic medicine, Chlorazene is developed. This is used to treat wounded soldiers in World War I.
- In 1922 Butyn is developed – the first in a long line of breakthrough anesthetics developed by Abbott Laboratories. In 1929 – at the start of the Great Depression when the stock market crashes – Abbott provides its initial public offering shares. Three years later in 1932, the company continues to grow due to the development of vitamins and intravenous solutions.
- Abbott joins a consortium of pharmaceutical makers in 1942 to produce more penicillin for wartime use. In 1959 Abbott adopts its Abbott “A” logo, which today remains the cornerstone of its visual identity.
- In 1964 the company buys M&R Dietetics which produces popular baby formula Similac. This acquisition makes Abbott a leader in nutrition.
- Abbott gets approval for the first licensed test to identify the HIV virus in blood in 1985. This ensures the safety of blood supplies and is one of the company’s greatest achievements.as well as a significant medical victory against what had – up until then – seemed like an unstoppable threat.
- In 2013 Abbott Laboratories starts a more global, consumer-focused company when it creates a new Fortune 200 corporation, AbbVie. The medical products business as well as the name was retained by Abbott. AbbVie is the pharmaceuticals business and its stock trades separately.
- Abbott Laboratories acquires St. Jude Medical – its largest acquisition ever – in 2017. The company now competes in almost all areas of cardiovascular health, holding the No.1 or 2 positions in high-growth markets. In the same year Abbott buys Alere Inc. which makes the company the leader in point-of-care diagnostic technology. The company is now No. 1 in rapid testing for cardiometabolic disease, toxicology and infectious diseases.
VALUES OF ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- In 2014 “Life. To the Fullest.” becomes Abbott’s new corporate identity. The company vigorously promotes its identity worldwide and becomes the sponsor of the Abbott World Marathon Majors – a series of the most prominent races in the world.
- Abbott’s sustainability focuses on areas where business opportunities intersect with positive environmental and social impact. The company aims to deliver life-changing technology, create value in communities worldwide and achieve sustainable growth.
- Its social impact is focussed on access to healthcare, community engagement, shared impact and science education.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- Abbott Laboratories trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ABT”.
- In 2018 Abbot’s revenue is $30,58 billion.
- The company announces is First Quarter revenue of $7.5 billion in April 2019. This is a 2% increase from the $7.4 billion reported during the same quarter of the previous year. Abbott reports net earnings of $672 million, or $0.38 per share, on a GAAP basis – compared to $409 million, or $0.23 per share, in 2018.
You might also like: AARON’S STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ABBOTT LABORATORIES
Buy ABBOTT LABORATORIES stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ABBOTT LABORATORIES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ABBOTT LABORATORIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ABBOTT LABORATORIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ABBOTT LABORATORIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ABBOTT LABORATORIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ABBOTT LABORATORIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AAR STOCKS