ABOUT ABERFORTH SMALLER COMPANIES TRUST PLC
📊 Aberforth Smaller Companies Trust plc, a large British investment trust, was founded in 1990 and has its headquarters in Edinburgh in the United Kingdom. The trust is a closed-ended investment company dedicated to investments in smaller companies.
📊 The trust’s mission is to achieve a net-asset value total return (with dividends reinvested) larger than that of the Numis Smaller Companies Index (excluding investment companies.
📊 The upper limit to this index is companies with a market capitalisation of £ 1.3bn as at January 1, 2019 (the date of the last annual index rebalance).
📊 This market capitalisation limit changes according to movements in the stock market. In order to achieve this objective, the trust focuses on investing in small UK-quoted companies.
📊 Today, the trust has a diversified portfolio that normally comprises investments in more than 80 individual companies.
📊 The trust conducts its affairs in a manner allowing for independent financial advisers (IFAs) to recommend its ordinary shares to ordinary retail investors according to the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) applicable on non-mainstream pooled investment products.
OVERVIEW OF ABERFORTH SMALLER COMPANIES TRUST PLC
- Aberforth Smaller Companies Trust plc’s investment portfolio comprises investment in a wide number of sectors.
- These sectors include oil- and gas producers; oil equipment, services and distribution; chemicals; construction and materials; industrial metal and mining; industrial engineering and – transportation; aerospace and defense; electronics and electrical equipment; food producers; pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, and leisure goods.
- Aberforth Partners LLP operates as the company’s investment manager. At the time of purchase, the company may invest up to 15% of its assets in a single security.
- The Aberforth UK Small Companies Fund is an Authorised Unit trust managed by Aberforth Unit Trust Managers Limited.
- Its trustee is NatWest Trustee and Depositary Services Limited. This fund is a limited-issue fund that adheres to the regulations of authorised unit trusts.
VISION & VALUES OF ABERFORTH SMALLER COMPANIES TRUST PLC
- Aberforth Smaller Companies Trust plc’s objective is to deliver investment opportunities to its clientele that offer a net asset value return bigger than that of the Numis Smaller Companies Index over the long term.
- This revolutionary strategy drives growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ABERFORTH SMALLER COMPANIES TRUST PLC
- Aberforth Smaller Companies Trust plc trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol “ASL”. It is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
- For the second half fiscal 2019, the trust recorded net asset value total returns of 8.3%. The FTSE All-Share Index generated a return of 13.0 % over the same period.
- It share-price total return was 9.0%. This solid performance bodes well for shareholders interested to buy or sell shares as they can expect solid dividends and returns on their investments.