ABIOMED (ABMD) Stocks
📊 Abiomed, Inc. provides medical devices for circulatory support. The company researches, develops and sells products that allows the heart to rest and recover by enhancing the pump action and blood flow to coronary arteries and organs.
📊 The company develops ground-breaking technologies that are used for patients around the globe.Its product portfolio includes several Impella devices and the AbioCor artificial heart. These are used in cardiac catheterization labs, electrophysiology labs, interventional cardiologists and patients with heart problems.
📊Abiomed has invested more than $500 million in development and research on its Impella heart pump. The company has a patent portfolio of 653 patents and 541 pending patents.
📊 Abiomed, Inc.’s headquarters is located in Danvers, Massachusetts. The company has more than 1 350 employees working in its offices in Massachusetts, Germany, Tokyo and Japan.
You might also like: BAYTEX ENERGY STOCKS
HISTORY OF ABIOMED
- In 1981 Abiomed is founded and it develops its first artificial heart. The company is incorporated and starts trading on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange in 1987. In 1992 Abiomed launches its BVS 5000, the first FDA approved ventricular assist device in history. The company starts to focus more on heart recovery in 2004.
- A year later it buys Impella technology from Germany’s Cardio Systems. This boosts sales and expands the company’s portfolio remarkably. Impella devices are soon available Europe and a few years later in Canada.
- In 2007, the Impella heart pump was one of only 35 healthcare products in the world to be presented with a Medical Design Excellence Award.
- By 2013 more than 18 000 patients have been helped with Impella devices and it has over 200 publications. In 2014 Abiomed buys a medical device company in Germany named ECP. By now more than 20 000 patients have been helped by Impella devices.
- The Impella heart pumps are sold for a purchase price of $23 000 each.
VISION & VALUES OF ABIOMED
- Abiomed, Inc.’s mission and vision is to recover hearts and to save lives. Patients are always put first and are handled with high ethical standards and respect. High-quality devices and an affordable price are offered to health care providers. New opportunities and ideas are explored persistently. Abiomed executes its goals in order to achievevalue for shareholders.
- During the last few years the company has invested more than $100 million on clinical research.
- Abiomed, Inc. is committed to give back to local and national communities. The company’s Citizenship and Give Back Program supports numerous organizations including heart health organizations, education, service organizations and those who support United States military veterans.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ABIOMED
- Abiomed, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSEstock symbol “ABMD”.
- Analysis data for Abiomed, Inc.’s fiscal year ending March 31, 2019 reports a revenue of $769 million, an increase of 30 percent or $175 million versus the previous year. Operating income is $225 million, an increase of 43 percent or $68 million.
- More than $180 million is invested in development, clinical data and research in the reported period.
You might also like: BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ABIOMED
Buy ABIOMED stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ABIOMED Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ABIOMED Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ABIOMED STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ABIOMED STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ABIOMED stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ABIOMED stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BASIC ENERGY SERVICES STOCKS