ABM INDUSTRIES (ABM) Stocks
ABOUT ABM INDUSTRIES
📊 ABM Industries Incorporated is a leading facility solutions provider. Its capabilities include facilities engineering, janitorial services, landscape & turf, electrical & lighting, HVAC & mechanical, energy as well as mission critical solutions.
📊 This is provided through integrated or stand-alone solutions. The company serves suburban, rural and urban areas from more than 350 offices throughout the United States and internationally.
📊 ABM provides custom facility solutions in data centers, airports, manufacturing plants, schools, hospitals and commercial buildings. The company’s history dates back to when it was founded in San Francisco, California in 1909. It operates through its subsidiaries – such as ABM Facility Services Co and Air Serv Corporation.
📊 Today its headquarters is in New York and the company has approximately 140 000 employees.
You might also like: ABERCROMBIE & FITCH STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ABM INDUSTRIES
- Company founder, Morris Rosenberg, starts cleaning shopkeepers’ windows in San Francisco in 1909. In 1913 he expands from window washing to complete janitorial services and calls his company American Building Maintenance Company.
- The company expands further in 1920 when offices are opened in Los Angeles, Seattle and Portland. Easterday Janitorial Supply Company is acquired in 1927.
- In 1933 ABM opens its first office in New York.
- By 1945, 17 new offices have been opened in the U.S. and Canada.
- In 1949 the company creates its new logo – the “Giant Janitor” is a copyrighted trademark.
- By 1959 ABM has more than 6 000 employees in 45 cities across North America.
- In 1962 ABM and Easterday Janitorial Supply Company become American Building Maintenance Industries’ subsidiaries. ABMI is the parent company formed to become a publicly held company. Approximately 70% of the stock is sold to the public and traded over-the-counter.
- In 1965 the company’s stock is listed on the American Stock Exchange.
- Later in the 1960’s ABM grows further by acquiring the businesses later known as CommAir Mechanical, Ampco System Parking, Amtech Lighting Services and Amtech Elevator Services.
- In 1971 ABM is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- During the early 1990’s ABM Engineering is established. In 1999 it receives ISO 9002 certification. By then the company employs more than 55 000 people and reports more than $1.6 billion annual sales revenue.
- In 2015 ABM announces 2020 Vision – a comprehensive transformation initiative. This initiative – an industry-based go-to-market approach – will drive long-term profitable growth. The company realigns itself into six industry groups: Business & Industry, Aviation, Technical Solutions, Education, Technology & Manufacturing and Healthcare.
- ABM Industries joins the Fortune 500 in 2016.
- In 2017 ABM Industries buys GCA Services Group for $1.25 billion – the largest acquisition in its history.
VALUES OF ABM INDUSTRIES
- ABM’s mission is to build value for its clients’ businesses every day by helping them decrease operating costs, improve customer’s overall experience and reduce customer complaints. surveys to measure associate engagement. Its support for associates includes policies that reflect commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- The company’s core values are respect, integrity, collaboration, innovation, trust and excellence. ABM believes in treating its employees justly and fairly because it says happy employees result in happy clients.
- ABM also focuses on services that include sustainability and energy efficiency. Some of these are electric vehicle charging stations, renewable energy solutions and building improvements. The company’s services also include reducing carbon emissions and lowering energy usage.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ABM INDUSTRIES
- ABM Industries Incorporated trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ABM”.
- Its revenue for 2018 is $6.4 billion.
You might also like: ABBOTT LABORATORIES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ABM INDUSTRIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ABM INDUSTRIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ABM INDUSTRIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ABM INDUSTRIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ABM INDUSTRIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ABM INDUSTRIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ABB STOCKS