ACCENTURE plc (ACN) Stocks
ABOUT ACCENTURE plc
📊 Accenture plc is a global professional and management consulting services firm. It provides consulting, digital, strategy, operations and technology services. The company drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives by partnering with more than three quarters of the Fortune Global 500. Accenture delivers transformational outcomes for the new digital world with its expertise across more than 40 industries and all business functions.
📊 The company’s history goes back to the early 1950’s in Louisville, Kentucky when it began as the technology and business consulting division of accounting firm Arthur Andersen.
📊 Today the company operates in more than 52 countries. Its headquarters is in Dublin, Ireland and has more than 477 000 employees. Accenture has 6 800 patents and patent pending applications in 44 countries.
You might also like: ACADIA REALTY TRUST TOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ACCENTURE plc
- Arthur Andersen and Andersen Consulting become separate units of Andersen Worldwide Societe Cooperative (AWSC) in 1989. In 2000 Andersen Consulting breaks away from AWSC and becomes Accenture in 2001. Accenture’s initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange is on July 19th, 2001. It raises nearly $1,7 billion on its first day. The company is incorporated to Dublin, Ireland from Bermuda in 2009.
- In 2014 the company replaces CGI Group as the lead contractor for HealthCare.gov. Later the same year Accenture wins a $563 million contract from HealthCare.gov to provide software development, on-going maintenance and technology support through to 2019.
- In 2015 the United States Department of Defense awards a $4.33 billion Electronic Health Records contract to Accenture, Leidos and Cerner. This contract serves 600 clinics and 55 hospitals. Cerner is the prime contractor while Accenture Federal Service and Leidos are configuration specialists.
- Two years later in 2017 Apple Inc. goes into partnership with Accenture to create iOS business solutions.
- In 2018 Accenture plc is in the middle of controversy regarding its $297 million contract with the US Government. The company charges nearly $40 000 per hire to recruit 7 500 Customs and Border Protection officers. This amount is more than the annual salary of the average officer. According to a DHS Office of Inspector General report Accenture was paid $13.6 million in the first ten months of this contract. During this time the company had hired only 2 agents while the contract goal is hiring 7 500 officers over 5 years. The report stated that this needed immediate attention.
- In 2011 the company launches a new results-based campaign. Clients include Unilever, Marriott and the Royal Shakespeare Company. In 2018 Interbrand ranks Accenture No. 34 on its best global brands list.
VALUES OF ACCENTURE plc
- Accenture plc is committed to diversity and inclusion which makes the company more creative and innovative in serving its clients and communities. It has reduced gendered discrimination by creating gender neutral bathrooms and dress-codes.
- In 2016 Accenture is ranked No. 289 on the Forbes Global 2000 list. In the same year the company is ranked No. 312 on the Fortune Global 500 list. Also in in 2016 the company is named 15th in the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. In 2019 Accenture is named as the world’s most admired Technology Services Company by Fortune magazine.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ACCENTURE plc
- Accenture plc trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ACN”.
- For the 2018 fiscal year Accenture reports earnings of US$4.060 billion. The annual revenue is US$41.603 billion – a 13.2% increase over the previous fiscal cycle. Accenture’s shares trades at over $159 per share and market capitalization is valued at over US$104.2 billion in October 2018.
You might also like: ABM INDUSTRIES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ACCENTURE plc
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ACCENTURE plc Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ACCENTURE plc STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ACCENTURE plc STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ACCENTURE plc stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ACCENTURE plc stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ABERCROMBIE & FITCH STOCKS