ACCO BRANDS (ACCO) Stocks
ABOUT ACCO BRANDS
📊 ACCO Brands Corporation is an American manufacturer and one of the world’s largest suppliers of office products.
📊 The company was created by the merger of ACCO World from Fortune Brands with General Binding Corporation (GBC).
📊 The company supplies consumer, business and branded academic products and revenues are nearly $2 billion. ACCO markets its products in more than 100 countries through its own sales force and distribution networks.
📊 ACCO provides unique, leading-edge, branded office products. Its products include Kensington, Five Star, Artline, Wilson Jones, Mead and GBC.
📊 ACCO’s history dates back to 1903 in Long Island, New York. It has almost 7 000 employees and it is headquartered in Lake Zurich, Illinois. Its subsidiaries include Esselte and General Binding Corporation.
You might also like: ACCENTURE plc STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ACCO BRANDS
- The Clipper Manufacturing Company (making paper clips) is founded in 1903 in Long Island. In 1910 the company changes its name to the American Clip Company. It initially uses the name “ACCO” as an “initialism” and then it becomes the company’s formal name in 1922. In 1983 – after many acquisitions – the company goes public. In 1987 it is acquired by American Brands (later Fortune Brands).
- In 2014 the company replaces CGI Group as the lead contractor for HealthCare.gov. Later the same year Accenture wins a $563 million contract from HealthCare.gov to provide software development, on-going maintenance and technology support through to 2019.
- In 1990 ACCO acquires German stationary company Hetzel. ACCO UK is created in 1992 with the integration of ACCO Europe and Rexel Ltd. ACCO Brands is formed in 2005 after it is spun off from Fortune Brands and merging with the General Binding Corporation.
- The company completes an $860 million deal in 2012 combining with MeadWestvaco’s Consumer and Office Products business. ACCO adds brands such as Cambridge, Trapper Keeper, Day Runner and Grafons to its product line.
- In 2017 ACCO acquired Esselte Group Holdings.
- Today ACCO Brands Corporation designs, manufactures and markets business and consumer office products. The three segments it operates through are ACCO Brands North America, ACCO Brands International and ACCO Brands EMEA. Its products include shredding machines, lever-arch binders, computer accessories and writing instruments.
- Products are available on platforms such as warehouse clubs, independent office product dealers, wholesalers, hardware and specialty stores as well as direct sales and its e-commerce platform.
VALUES OF ACCO BRANDS
- ACCO’s values are integrity, respect, diversity, creativity and acting responsibly in its global community.
- The company is named as one of “America’s Safest Companies for 2017” by the EHS Today magazine – a leading publication for health and safety and environmental professionals. This award is earned by amongst others demonstrating innovative solutions to safety challenges, injury and illness rates that are significantly lower than the industry average.
- Previously the company earns another award by the EHS Today magazine – The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents Health and Safety Award in the United Kingdom. Workplace Safety North in Canada also recognises ACCO Brands twice with their President’s Award.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ACCO BRANDS
- ACCO Brands Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ACCO”.
- In February 2019 the company announces its Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results for the period ended December 31, 2018. Net sales decrease 6.6% to $529.3 million from the previous year period due to growth from acquisitions being more than offset by adverse foreign currency.
- Comparable sales decrease 4.6% because of lower sales in the U.S. The company’s net income is $35.0 million, or $0.34 per share, which includes $4.1 million restructuring, integration and transaction charges. The previous year the company’s net income in the prior-year quarter is $74.0 million, or $0.68 per share, which includes a $25.7 million one-time tax benefit and charges of $7.4 million.
- This decline is primarily due to the non-repeat of the one-time tax benefit and lower sales and profit in the U.S. ACCO’s adjusted net income is $42.9 million, or $0.41 per share, compared to $52.7 million, or $0.48 per share, in the prior-year quarter. This decline in adjusted net income is primarily driven by lower sales, adverse mix and inflation in the U.S., as well as adverse foreign currency, partially offset by lower incentive compensation expense.
- In 2017 ACCO Brands revenue is $1,948 billion and its net income $131,7 million.
You might also like: ACADIA REALTY TRUST STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ACCO BRANDS
Buy ACCO BRANDS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ACCO BRANDS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ACCO BRANDS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ACCO BRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ACCO BRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ACCO BRANDS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ACCO BRANDS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ABM INDUSTRIES STOCKS