ADECOAGRO S.A. (AGRO) Stocks
ABOUT ADECOAGRO S.A.
📊 Adecoagro S.A. is a holding company that started in 2002 when the Adecoagro Foundation purchased 74 000 hectares of land in Argentina for agricultural and livestock production. Adecoagro is constructed into three main segments – land transformation, farming and sugar, ethanol & energy. The company was incorporated on the 17th of June 2010 and started its trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol AGRO in 2011.
📊 Adecoagro’s sugarcane plantations comprise approximately 125,670 hectares in Mato Grosso do Sul and Minas Gerais, Brazil. The land transformation project identifies the value of the assets and changes the use of underutilized or underdeveloped agricultural land from low cash-yielding into high cash-yielding land. Adecoagro’s land portfolio are in the vicinity of 249,500 hectares.
📊 The company’s agricultural focus lies with the harvest of crops, sugarcane and rice that is used internally and sold to third parties. The internally used harvests are used in manufactured products which in turn are open for companies to purchase at a certain price.
📊 The farming business consists of dairy, crops, rice and all other segments. From harvesting and selling grain and rice, to producing thousands of litres of milk per day, to leasing out coffee plantations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the farming business is flourishing and has cutting edge technology.
You might also like: ACCO BRANDS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ADECOAGRO S.A.
- In addition to the 74 000 hectares that Adecoagro S.A. started out with in Argentina in 2002, the buying of additional lands in Uruguay and Brazil for crop production added a lot of value to the portfolio in 2004.
- In 2005 the first steps were taken towards the sugar, ethanol and energy segment when the company acquired the Monte Alegre Plant in Minas Gerais, Brazil and they expanded in 2006 with the construction in Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil.
- By incorporating the Molinos Ala rice brand in 2007, the company expanded for the Argentine market. That same year construction began on the first stabled milking yard in Latin America in Santa Fe. Adecoagro started trading stocks on the NYSE and the construction of its second power plant in Mato Grosso do Sul began, merging the energy, sugar and ethanol group in 2011.
- By 2012 it started the construction of the second stabled milking yard in Santa Fe. By now, the company had a total of 7000 milking cows and an annual production of 95 million litres. Adecoagro opened its commercial office in Uruguay in 2013 and launched a pasta line in 2015.
- In 2017 the company established new electrical energy by using the manure of cows.
VISION & VALUES OF ADECOAGRO S.A.
- Adecoagro S.A. believes in the value of building trusting relationships and honesty in its community. Through data analysis, the best option for the lowest price for production is considered.
- Innovation through tools and technology while always considering and looking after the environment through sustainability all play important roles in Adecoagro’s vision and values.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ADECOAGRO S.A.
- Adecoagro S.A. is committed to shareholders and a capital allocation strategy keeps generating the highest returns to its shareholders.
- The company’s stock is owned by a variety of institutional and retail investors that would buy or sell stocks as per the forecast for 2019, which is positive looking at the live charts found online.
- Adecoagro earned $155.57 million during the last quarter as of May 2019, and had a positive equity return of 12.89%.
You might also like: ACCENTURE PLC STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ADECOAGRO S.A.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ADECOAGRO S.A. Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ADECOAGRO S.A. STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ADECOAGRO S.A. STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ADECOAGRO S.A. stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ADECOAGRO S.A. stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ACADIA REALTY TRUST STOCKS