ADMIRAL GROUP (ADM) Shares
ABOUT ADMIRAL GROUP
📊 Admiral Group plc, a car insurance company, was founded in 1991 and has its headquarters in Cardiff, Wales in the United Kingdom. The company is engaged in the provision of vehicle insurance to a global clientele.
📊 The company was established when Hayter Brockbank, a managing agent at Lloyd’s in London, tasked Henry Engelhardt with heading up and formulating the business plan of a new operation.
📊 Engelhardt led the acquisition of the Admiral Group from the Brockbank Group. This buy-out was backed by Barclays Private Equity.
📊 Today, Admiral Group plc is a highly profitable and fast-growing financial services intermediary.
📊 It employs approximately 11 000 people at its offices in the UK, France, Italy, Spain, the US, India, Turkey and Mexico.
OVERVIEW OF ADMIRAL GROUP
- Admiral Group plc conducts its operations through four primary segments: UK Car Insurance, International Car Insurance, Price Comparison, and Other.
- UK Car Insurance comprises the underwriting of car insurance and other products that supplement car-insurance policies in the UK.
- The International Car Insurance segment underwrites car insurance and generates revenue from additional products outside of the UK.
- Price Comparison comprises price comparison websites such as Confused.com in the UK, Rastreator in Spain, LeLynx in France and compare.com in the United States.
- Other focuses on household insurance in the UK. It also includes the company’s commercial van insurance broker and commercial van insurance.
- The company also operates in Canada, India and Italy, amongst others.
VISION & VALUES OF ADMIRAL GROUP
- Admiral Group’s culture is based on four core values: communication, equality, reward and recognition.
- It strives to create a working environment in which creativity and fun reign supreme, as a happy workforce stimulates growth and ensures exceptional customer service.
- The company’s operations are transparent and it encourages open communication between all stakeholders.
- This business ethos gives shareholders who purchase company shares the assurance that their investments are in safe hands.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ADMIRAL GROUP
- Admiral Group plc trades on the on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) under the stock symbol ADM. The company is a FTSE 100 component.
- For fiscal 2018, the group recorded total revenue of £ 1.261.6 million, operating income of £ 487.5 million and net income of £ 390.5 million.
- These financials bode well for shareholders who buy or sell company shares as they can expect solid dividends and returns on their investment.