ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION (ATGE) Stocks
ABOUT ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION
📊 Adtalem Global Education is a world renowned educational leader and parent to universities such as the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, the Chamberlain University, the Ross University School of Medicine, and the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine just to name a few.
📊 Adtalem has 8 institutions and companies, more than 60 campuses and more than 18 400 colleagues (national and international) with 4 700 professors that operate in 12 different countries. Adtalem is based in Downers Grove, Illinois.
You might also like: ADT STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION
- In 1966 the Bell & Howell company purchased a Technical Institute by the name of DeVry and it became part of the company’s education sector.
- In 1984 the education sector was renamed DeVry, Inc. and started trading publicly on the American Stock Exchange.
- In 1973 a holding company named Keller-Taylor Corporation was formed and in 1987 the buy of DeVry from Bell & Howell made it possible for Keller-Taylor to merge with DeVry.
- The company’s name changed to DeVry, Inc and became the first educational provider with an initial public offering to trade stocks on the NASDAQ stock exchange. DeVry moved to the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol DV in 1995.
- Over the years, the company’s portfolio expanded with the buy of more institutions, from healthcare to online education for a good price.
- In 2017 the company became Adtalem Global Education and the stock symbol changed to ATGE.
VISION OF ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION
- Adtalem is Latin for “to empower” and it is exactly what this educational leader value. By providing knowledge to people all around the world, it empowers them to have a better future.
- Achieving goals and helping learners become successful is what Adtalem Global Education is all about. Data shows Adtalem being ranked 3rd amongst its top 10 competitors and its revenue has grown by 142.1 percent.
- Forecast analysis shows that there will be a shortage of an estimated 120,000 physicians in the United States by 2030. Adtalem is helping medical students to realize what the problem is and show them were they can fit in to make a positive change.
- The company also creates non-profit organizations for communities in need, should natural disasters such as hurricanes happen, as well as the Adtalem Assistance Fund which helps students, faculty and other employees in need.
- Adtalem Global Education pride themselves in being environmentally responsible and follow the U.S. Supplier Code of Conduct.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION
- Adtalem Global Education trades on the NYSE under the stock symbol ATGE. 2019 sees the company moving forward with significant cash flow and great teams that understand how business work.
- An increase of 19.7 percent showed for new student registrations in 2019 and a total registration increase of 3.6 percent from the previous year.
- Net income from continuing operations was $27.3 million. An estimated 1.2 million shares were repurchased for $59.2 million, an average price of $47.94 per common stock.
You might also like: ACORN INTERNATIONAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMEREN STOCKS