AES (AES) Stocks
📊 AES Corporation is a holding company that operates through its distribution facilities, some of which include thermal and renewable energy generation, to provide 15 countries with sustainable energy at an affordable price.
📊 The company’s solutions portfolio includes technologies and fuel types such as coal, petroleum coke, gas, diesel,renewables and oil. AES Corporation is operates in six divisions – the United States, Asia, Andes, Brazil, Central America and the Caribbean as well as Europe.
📊 AES Corporation is an S&P 500 company as well as a Fortune 500 company. It is headquartered in Arlington County, Virginia and employs more than 9 000 people across the globe.
You might also like: ABIOMED STOCKS
HISTORY OF AES
- AES Corporation is founded in 1981. It builds its first power plant in Texas in 1985 and quickly grows into one of the most noticeable plants in the United States. By 1988 the company is the Unites States’ biggest Independent Power Producer (IPP). It owns power plants in Deepwater, Placerita and Beaver Valley.
- During the next couple of years AES Corporation expands its business to the United Kingdom, Argentina, China, Brazil, Pakistan and Hungary. In 1998 the company buys a minority stake in an Indian power plant. AES provides electricity to areas in Central America and West Africa that never had reliable electricity before now.
- The company buys and develops AES Wind Generation across Europe and the United States. It enters an agreement with Riverstone Holdings through its AES Solar Energy, LLC. Through the years AES Corporation purchases assets of Indianapolis Power Plant & Light, its subsidiary from Chile named Gener, Dayton Power & Lights as well as sPower. These transactions expands the company’s portfolio remarkably.
VISION & VALUES OF AES
- AES Corporation’s vision is to be a leading sustainable power company, supplying safe and reliable energy to people across the globe at an affordable price. The company’s core values include the safety of its employees, contractors and communities as well as to conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- To adapt quickly and proficiency in a rapidly changing market is another value. The company strives for excellence and create value to its shareholders.
- AES Corporation receives several awards and recognitions. In 2018 it is named on the Ethisphere Institute’s list of World’s Most Ethical Companies. The company is 2nd in Operations and Safety Organization and a finalist in AUVSI XCELLENCE’s Technology Innovation Awards.
- During the years many more awards are won including Dow Jones Sustainability Index and the International Edison Awards for development.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AES
- AES Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSEstock symbol “AES”.
- Analysis data for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $33,238 million.Total revenue is$2,483 million. Cash and cash equivalents are $1,169 million and net income is $67 million.
- Diluted shares outstanding for the reported period are $667 million. Income from continuing operations are $66 million. AES Corporation pays quarterly cash dividends on its common stock.
You might also like: BAYTEX ENERGY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AES
Buy AES stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES STOCKS