AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES (A) Stocks
ABOUT AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
📊 Agilent Technologies INC was founded in 1999 as a spin-off from Hewlett-Packard’s “Medical Products and Instrument Group”. The split came about because of the challenges to grow HP’s revenue stream and the vigour of smaller, more agile competitors.
📊 Agilent Technologies INC has its headquarters in Santa Clara, California in die United States and boasted a workforce of 13 500 in 2017.
📊 Agilent Technologies INC is an American public research, development and manufacturing company providing analytical instruments, software, services and consumables for the complete laboratory workflow. Its primary markets are food, environmental and forensics, pharmaceutical, chemical and energy, research and diagnostics.
📊 The company offers electronic and bio-analytical measurement, semiconductor and board testing. It also supplied produced test and measurement equipment for electronics, through a spin-off – Keysight, from 1999 to 2014.
📊 Agilent Technologies INC subsidiaries include Advanced Analytical Technologies Inc., Cobalt Light Systems, LaserGlen Inc., Genohm SA, AGEA, and Biosciences Inc., among others.
OVERVIEW OF AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Since its humble beginnings in a small garage in Palo Alto, California to its current portfolio of customers in 110 countries, the company boasts a long history of innovation and leadership.
- Agilent Technologies INC software, instruments, services and consumables address the full range of scientific and laboratory management requirements. Today, scientists and clinical researchers rely on the company to cater to their most complex laboratory demands. This in turn, enable its clients to improve the world around them, and gives investors the confidence to purchase Agilent stock.
- Agilent Technologies INC broke records in November 1999 as the largest initial public offering (PIO) in Silicon Valley history.
- The company boasts an extensive range of brands, such as Captiva, Chem Elut, J&W, SolventSaver, StratoSpheres, SurePrint, Condon Plus and Intuvo, to name but a few.
- Together with its customers, Agilent addresses global trends that impact human health and the environment. Customers and shareholders alike trust Agilent for solutions that provide insights into creating a better world.
VISION OF AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
- The company is of the belief that the 21st century will be defined as the century of biology. As such it is imperative to expand knowledge of living systems to the point where biology-based solutions to some of the planet’s largest societal challenges, such as energy, healthcare and the environment, can be developed.
- Operations and activities at Agilent Technologies are based on dedication to innovation, trust, respect, teamwork and the highest possible levels of integrity. The company thrives on speed, focus and accountability and strives to create an environment in which each employee is valued and included.
- The company’s starburst logo reflects “the spark of insight” at the core of the Agilent value system and evokes a notion of agility.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Agilent Technologies is a Top Fortune 500 company with a solid financial footing. It trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “A”.
- In 2017 the company recorded a total revenue of US$ 4.5 billion. In terms of contribution and dividends, it is one of the top contributing companies to the American economy. This fact boosts investor confidence. Whether you want to buy or sell Agilent stocks, you are assured of solid returns.
- As of 2017, Agilent Technologies’ main institutional investors include T. Rowe Price, BlackRock, Fidelity Investments, The Vanguard Group and State Street, amongst others.
LATEST NEWS ON AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?