AGNICO EAGLE MINES (AEM)
ABOUT AGNICO EAGLE MINES
📊 Based in Toronto, Canada, Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (AEM) is a gold produces operating not only in Canada, but also in Finland, Mexico and the United States. The company and its shareholders have full exposure to higher gold prices, consistent with its policy of no-forward gold sales.
📊 Agnico Eagle has produced precious metals since 1957. It has eight mines in total, all located in Canada, Finland and Mexico, and the company also conducts exploration and development activities in these countries, as well as in the United States and Sweden.
📊 Its subsidiaries include Osisko Mining Corporation, Angico-Eagle USA, Agnico-Eagle Mexico, Agnico-Eagle Sweden and Riddarhyttan Resources. The company currently employs a total of approximately 8 400 people.
You might also like: AGREE REALTY STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AGNICO EAGLE MINES
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited had its origin in 1953 when five struggling mining companies merged to form Cobalt Consolidated Mining, becoming Agnico Mines in 1963. The then president of Agnico Mines, Paul Penna oversaw the merger of Agnico Mines with Eagle Mines to form Agnico Eagle Mines Limited.
- The company then purchased the assets of Dumagami Mines in north-west Quebec, renaming it to the LaRonde mine, which is regarded as Agnico Eagle Mines Limited’s flagship operation as it boasts one of the largest gold deposits in Canada. Agnico Eagle continued to acquire more assets over the following years.
- In 1993 the Goldex mine was purchased, and Agnico Eagle became the 100% owner of the largest unexploited gold deposit in Quebec. The purchases of the Lapa Gold deposit, Riddarhyttan Resources AB, the Pinos Altos project in Mexico, and Cumberland Resources which gave the company 100% control of the Meadowbank gold project in Nunavut, Canada.
- These purchases enabled Agnico Eagle to grow from a single-operation gold producer (LaRonde) to a company comprising of 6 mines in total, with Goldex starting production in 2008, Kittila, Lapa and Pinos Altos in 2009 and Meadowbank in 2010. It also purchased the Meliadine property southeast of Meadowbank.
- The company then invested $70 million (CAD) in Rubicon Minerals in 2011 (with an ownership stake of 9.2% and access to the Phoenix gold project in Red Lake, Ontario.)
- Together with its customers, Agilent addresses global trends that impact human health and the environment. Customers and shareholders alike trust Agilent for solutions that provide insights into creating a better world.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited’s operations include Pinos Altos (the company’s largest employer in northern Mexico); La India (an open-pit mine in Sonora, Mexico), Meadowbank (an open-pit mine in Nunavut); the LaRonde gold mine in northwestern Quebec; Goldex (an underground mine just outside Val-d’Or in Quebec; Lapa in the Abitibi region in Quebec); and Kittilä (an open-pit and underground mine in the Lapland region of Northern Finland with one of the largest known gold deposits in all of Europe).
VISION OF AGNICO EAGLE MINES
- The company’s objective is to develop the best project pipeline to replenish reserves, while preserving the quality and manageability of its future portfolio.
- It therefore strives to develop a quality business based on solid execution that enables the optimal growth in cash flow per share. Its strategy includes minimalizing financial and political risk by utilizing its broad range of technical skills and experience to establish long-life operations in its mining regions. Investors can therefore buy or sell Agnico stocks with confidence, knowing it will yield the expected dividends.
- Agico Eagle Mines Limited’s commitment is based on its core values, namely respect for its employees, the protection of the environment, operational safety and respect for the communities in which its mines are based. It also takes its responsibility to contribute to the social and economic development of the communities associated with its operations very seriously.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AGNICO EAGLE MINES
- Agnico Eagles Mines Limited trades its shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AEM”.
- The company registered revenue of US$2.875 billion in 2016 and was also ranked as the 14th best of 92 oil, gas and mining companies in Arctic resource extraction.
- In the same year its assets were valued at US$9.556 billion. Agnico has declared a cash dividend continuously since 1983. This affords shareholders the confidence to buy and sell Agnico shares, knowing their investment will yield the expected results.
You might also like: AIR LEASE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ON AGNICO EAGLE MINES
Buy AGNICO EAGLE MINES stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AGNICO EAGLE MINES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AGNICO EAGLE MINES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AGNICO EAGLE MINES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AGNICO EAGLE MINES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AGNICO EAGLE MINES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AGNICO EAGLE MINES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS STOCKS