AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS (APD) Stocks
ABOUT AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS
📊 Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. is an international corporation that has been in operation for over 75 years. It focuses on the selling of gases and chemicals, as well as other related equipment, for industrial use in the fields of refining, chemicals, metals, electronics manufacturing, and food and beverage, for industrial use.
📊 It is the world’s biggest supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment.
📊 The company was founded in 1940 by Leonard P. Pool and has its headquarters in the Lehigh Valley of Allentown, Pennsylvania in the United States. Today, it employs approximately 16 000 people, all from diverse backgrounds.
📊 The company produces atmospheric gases such as oxygen, argon and nitrogen, as well as rare- and process gases such as hydrogen, helium and carbon monoxide. It also builds gas-processing equipment such as non-cryogenic generators and air-separation units.
📊 Apart from striving to meet international industry standards, the company is committed to adhere to the most demanding requirements for superior products, technology and services.
You might also like: Aircastle Stocks
OVERVIEW OF AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc., has been a world-leading industrial gases company for over 75 years. It provides technology and equipment for air separation, hydrogen generation and related technologies for industrial gases applications.
- Its passionate and talented workforce of approximately 16 000 people are fully committed to the company’s mission of creating innovative solutions to benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and meet the challenges faced by customers, communities and the world head-on.
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc. also established Prodai Air Products India Private Limited in 2009. It is a 100% subsidiary of Air Products with its office in Pune, Maharashtra. In September 2015 the company announced its intention to spin off its Materials Technologies division, which has since been renamed Versum Materials.
- The company’s principal subsidiaries include Air Products Asia, Inc. (USA); Air Products Europe, Inc. (USA); and Air Products Japan Inc. (Japan).
VISION AND MISSION OF AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS
- As an investment in Air Products constitutes an act of faith, the latter can only be earned through operating with integrity and accountability. These two values are at the core of all operations at Air Products. Business practices are fair, honest and ethical and these qualities are reflected by the company’s employees at all times.
- Professional integrity is part of the brand’s longstanding tradition. Over the years the company has established its reputation for quality, integrity and goodwill, which it believes is the cornerstone of its success today. The company pledges to safeguard its integrity at all times by adhering to policies and standards, and to the laws of the countries it operates in.
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. strives to adhere to the most demanding requirements for on-spec products by continuously meeting international industry
standards. It is fully committed to ethical business practices and puts a high premium on protecting the environment. Sustainability is at the heart of its business ethos.
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine included Air Products in its 100 Best Corporate Citizens List in 2010. This honour gives investors the peace of mind to purchase Air Products stocks in the knowledge that their investment will yield the desired dividends.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc., trades it shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “APD”.
- The company registered fiscal sales of $8.9 billion in 2018 (from operations in 50 countries) and its current market capitalization is estimated at about $35 billion. Its revenue in 2018 stood on $8,930.2 billion, and it made a gross profit of $8,930.2 billion.
- This boost investors’ confidence to buy and sell Air Products stock.
You might also like: AK Steel Holding Stocks
LATEST NEWS AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : Air Lease Stocks