AIRTEL AFRICA (AAF) Shares
ABOUT AIRTEL AFRICA
📊 Airtel Africa plc, a leading provider of telecommunications and mobile money services, was founded in 2010 and has its headquarters in London and in the United States.
📊 The company offers an integrated portfolio of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers. These include mobile voice and data services, as well as mobile money services, both nationally and internationally.
📊 The company aims to provide its global clientele with a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
📊 Airtel Africa offers affordable and innovative mobile services. It operates across Africa in countries such as Kenia, the Republic of the Congo, Chad, Malawi, Madagascar, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
📊 The company serves approximately 14.2 million customers in Africa. It operates through a host of subsidiaries.
📊 Airtel Nigeria is the company’s most profitable subsidiary due to the country’s cheap data plans.
📊 Today, Airtel Africa plc has approximately 99 million subscribers on the African continent.
OVERVIEW OF AIRTEL AFRICA
- Airtel Africa plc primarily operates in East Africa and Central and West Africa. The company offers mobile voice, mobile data and money services to its Africa clientele.
- Its mobile voice business portfolio includes pre- and post-paid wireless voice services, international roaming, as well as fixed-line telephone services. Airtel’s mobile data business focuses on data communication services and includes 2G, 3G and 4G data services as well as a range of other value-added services for its mobile subscribers.
- Airtel Money is gaining increased popularity among the company’s clients. It comprises a 24/7 mobile commerce service that customers can access via their mobile devices.
- The company works in partnership with local financial institutions. This service makes it possible for customers to send and receive money and to make payments on utility bills.
- In certain countries customers can pay for goods and services and deposit and withdraw funds through a linked bank account, as well as make card-less withdrawals from partner ATMs.
- Clients can also get microloans facilitated by the company, in partnership with third-party loan providers, and accessible through its mobile network.
VISION & VALUES OF AIRTEL AFRICA
- Airtel Africa plc regards itself as a responsible corporate that aligns its business growth with the social and economic well-being of the communities in which it operates.
- The company acts responsibility, operates with integrity and values its competent and diverse workforce. It further encourages collaboration and innovation and respects all people.
- This transparent business model affords investors who want to purchase shares the freedom to do so in the knowledge that their money is being managed responsibly.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AIRTEL AFRICA
- Airtel Africa plc trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol “AAF”. The company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
- For fiscal 2019, the company recorded revenue of US$ 3,077 million, operating income of US$ 734 million and net income of US$ 450 million.
- Its strong market presence affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.