AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES (AKAM) Stocks
ABOUT AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES
📊 Akamai Technologies, Inc.delivers, accelerates and secures Internet content. The company’s content delivery network is one of the largest platforms in the world. It serves approximately 30 percent of all web traffic. Akamai operates more than 2 400 servers in 130 countries and rents out its capacity to website owners. The website’s content is then optimized, accelerated and moved in high volumes.
📊 The company’s portfolio includes solutions for cloud security, web and mobile performance, media delivery, services and support as well as enterprise security. Akamai has an impressive list of customers which include Apple, Adobe Systems, NBC Sports, Sony PlayStation, Yahoo, Airbnb, NASA, Hilton Worldwide and MTV Networks.
📊 Akamai Technologies, Inc.’s headquarters is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The company has more than 1 900 employees that provide strategic expertise, monitoring and troubleshooting.
You might also like: AES STOCKS
HISTORY OF AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES
- On August 20, 1998, Akamai Technologies is incorporated by F. Thompson Leighton and Daniel Lewin. The company uses algorithms to produce a better way to deliver content over the internet.
- Its first live traffic is a pixel buried in Disney’s site in 1999.
- Apple invest $12.5 million in Akamai. It enters a partnership with Akamai in July 1999. The company builds Apple’s media network, QuickTime TV. It is also used as Apple’s content delivery network for applications like Apple’s website, iTunes Store and movie trailers on QuickTime.
- The company enables the delivery of ESPN’s March Madness and Entertainment Tonight’s Star Wars trailer. Akamai quickly expands and soon Yahoo is a customer.
- In October 1999 Akamai is listed on Nasdaq. By the early 2000’s the company is listed on the Russell 3000 Index and the Russell 2000 Index. In February 2000 Akamai buys Network24 Communications, a producer of web-based video broadcasting, for a price of $203,600,000.
- Two months later it buys InterVU, Inc., a company that delivers web content services, for a price of $2,800,000,000. Several more acquisitions follow during the next few years.
VISION & VALUES OF AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.goal is to create an environmentally friendly and secure Internet. The company is trusted by 20 of the world’s top e-commerce sites, 29 top media companies, 18 large asset managers, 96 of the United States’ top retailers, 9 of the largest newspapers and 12 top insurers.
- Akamai ensures that its employees, communities and customers are treated with respect. The company manages and reduces electronic waste. It reduces greenhouse emissions through the procurement of renewable energy and energy conservation.
- Through the purchase of materials that support recycling and renewable natural resources, water conservation and source reduction, Akamai provides a sustainable work environment.
- The Akamai Foundation supports and encourages mathematics education and future technology innovators.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES
- Akamai Technologies, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSEstock symbol “AKAM”.
- Analysis data for Akamai’s second quarter for 2019 reports a revenue of $705 million, an increase of 6 percent over the same period of 2018. GAAP income from operations is $136 million, an increase of 138 percent. GAAP net income is $114 million, an increase of 165 percent.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased with 12 percent to $293 million. Cash from operations is $318 million. A total of 1.1 million shares of common stocks are repurchased by the company for $81 million (an average price of $77.11 per share).
You might also like: ABIOMED STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BAYTEX ENERGY STOCKS