ALABAMA POWER COMPANY (ALP^Q) Stocks
ABOUT ALABAMA POWER COMPANY
📊 The conception of the Alabama Power Company on December 4, 1906, marked the introduction of reliable electricity that would vastly improve the quality of living for the citizens of Alabama.
📊 Alabama Power Company is one of four US utilities operated by the Southern Company, one of America’s largest generators of electricity. Its headquarters is in Birmingham, Alabama. It is an investor-owned, tax-paying utility and the second largest subsidiary of the Southern Company.
📊 Alabama Power has hydroelectric generator plants on the Tallapoosa, Coosa and Black Warrior rivers. It also has coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear and cogeneration plants throughout the state of Alabama.
📊 The company is an integrated utility that generates, buys, transmits, distributes and sells electricity to a wide range of customers – from residential to industrial. About 1.4 million customers benefit from the company’s electricity. It services about 400 cities and towns, such as Anniston, Gadsden, Mobile and Birmingham, to name but a few.
📊 It also sells electricity wholesale to 14 municipally-owned electric distribution systems. The company’s other services include the provision of electrical appliances and products, as well as outdoor lighting services.
You might also like: ADAMS DIVERSIFIED EQUITY FUND STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALABAMA POWER COMPANY
- For over a century Alabama Power’s history has been closely linked to the state it serves.
- Today the Alabama Power Company is still regarded as a leader in research on innovative ways to produce cleaner energy whilst meeting the increasing demand for electricity. For most of its history the company has been at the forefront of addressing development issues.
- It also built the first large hydroelectric dam in Alabama which began to send electricity to the Birmingham industrial district by 1914.
- Research undertook by Alabama Power includes pioneering work on coal gasification, alternative energy sources such as solar power, biomass and fuel cells, as well as mercury-reduction technology.
VISION AND MISSION OF ALABAMA POWER COMPANY
- It is the purpose of the company to provide large units of power to all its customers, as well as to develop communities optimally. The company’s various incentives allow communities to better control their energy costs.
- The company’s core values form the firm foundation on which to develop its mission of operating in a responsible and profitable manner.
- Alabama Power Company support a myriad of non-profit organizations and its employees volunteer their time through the Energizers retiree service network and the Alabama Power Service Organization.
- Through the company’s efforts, and its Economic Development Department specifically, hundreds of industrial customers have been attracted to the state which has boosted job creation and tax revenue, and has improved quality of life.
- The Renew Our Rivers clean-up campaign is one of Alabama Power Plant’s most recognized stewardship initiatives.
- Over the years the company has accumulated various awards for its various community incentives, such as the Chairman’s Award by the Southeastern Energy Exchange which honours the project deemed Best of the Best, and the Industry Excellence Award for its innovative research and field trails.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ALABAMA POWER COMPANY
- Alabama Power Company trades it stocks on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ALP^Q”.
- The company reported revenue of US$ 6.039 billion in 2017. This guarantees shareholders the expected dividends on their investment.
You might also like: ADAMS NATURAL RESOURCES FUND STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALABAMA POWER COMPANY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALABAMA POWER COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALABAMA POWER COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALABAMA POWER COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALABAMA POWER COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALABAMA POWER COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ACUSHNET HOLDINGS STOCKS