ALAMO GROUP (ALG) Stocks
ABOUT ALAMO GROUP
📊 Alamo Group Inc., based in Seguin, Texas, is a leader in the design, production and distribution of equipment for agriculture, infrastructure maintenance, and other applications. The company’s European operations’ headquarters is in Salford Priors in England.
📊 Although the company was founded in 1969, some of its member companies have been in business for more than a century. Alamo’s products include tractor- and truck-mounted mowing equipment, street-sweeping and snow-removal equipment, excavators, agricultural implements, industrial equipment. It also provides after-market parts and services.
📊 The company comprises of three business divisions namely and Industrial Division, an Agricultural Division and a European Division. The company was founded in 1969, although some of its member companies have been operating for over 100 years. The company currently employs approximately 3 370 people.
📊 Alamo Group Inc. operates 26 facilities worldwide – in the United States, England, France, Canada, Brazil and Australia. The company owns various US AND international trademarks, such as Bush Hog, Earthmaster, Old Dominion Brush, Super Products, Schwarze, Tiger and Terrain King, to name but a few.
📊 Today, a total of about 6 000 independent dealers sell the company’s products under various trademarks.
You might also like: ALABAMA POWER COMPANY STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALAMO GROUP
- Alamo Group Inc. has, for over four decades, focused on addressing its customers’ needs by expanding its geographic market, selecting acquisitions and developing and refining its products.
- Today, the company is a global leader in product development and innovation, product safety and manufacturing efficiency, made possible by more than 25 acquisitions.
- It subsidiaries include, amongst others, McConnel, Alamo Sales Corp, SMA SAS, Schulte (USA) Inc., Alamo Group Europe and Henke Manufacturing.
- Alama Group is committed to producing only the most effective and prime quality products for its customers. It stimulates its internal growth through the acquisition of complimentary products and businesses that align with its niche markets.
VALUES OF ALAMO GROUP
- Alamo Group Inc. and its member companies all share in the same values and principles when it comes to conducting business. These are based on the highest standards of integrity, honesty and fairness.
- The company is committed to a sustainable model for growth and profitability in both its internal processes and its products. It targets continuous improvements through various incentives, investments, and product development.
- Employee health and safety are paramount to the company, and therefore all its operations are stringently monitored. It continuously strives for improvement in non-renewable energy consumption and green-house gas emissions.
- The company has also established various committees to ensure corporate governance and accountability, such as an Audit Committee, a Compensations Committee and a Nominating/Corporate Governance Committee. This affords shareholders the peace of mind to purchase Alamo stocks with confidence.
MARKETPLACE PERFORMANCE OF ALAMO GROUP
- Alamo Group Inc. went public 1993 and has been trading under the ticker symbol “ALG” on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) since 1995.
- The net book value of the Alamo Group Inc. trademarks was $26,523,000 as of December 31, 2018. During the same year it registered total assets of $725, 379 billion and revenue of $495, 212 billion. Its share price in March 2019 was $98.3 per share. The company’s offering has been enhanced by its more than 25 acquisitions.
You might also like: ADAMS DIVERSIFIED EQUITY FUND STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALAMO GROUP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALAMO GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALAMO GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALAMO GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALAMO GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALAMO GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ADAMS NATURAL RESOURCES FUND STOCKS