ALAMOS GOLD (AGI) Stocks
ABOUT ALAMOS GOLD
📊 Alamos Gold Inc. is an intermediate gold producer that specializes in diversified production from four mines in North America, namely the Young-Davidson and Island gold mines in northern Ontario, Canada, and the Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora, Mexico.
📊 The company’s portfolio also includes exploration and development projects in Turkey, Mexico, Canada and the United States.
📊 Alamos Gold Inc. was founded on February 21, 2003. It has its headquarters in Toronto, Canada and employs approximately 1 700 people.
You might also like: ALAMO GROUP STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALAMOS GOLD
- Alamos Gold Inc. was formed in 2003 through the amalgamation of Alamos Minerals and National Gold. These two companies were both involved in mineral exploration in North America.
- The company the completed the acquisition of the Agi Dagi and Kirazli gold projects by purchasing certain Turkish subsidiaries held by Fronteer Development Group Inc. and Teck Resources Limited in 2010.
- Alamos Gold also owns the mineral rights to the Salamandra group of concessions in the State of Sonora, Mexico. These rights include various satellite gold occurrences. It also owns the Ağı Dağı and Kirazlı gold development projects in Canakkale Province in northwestern Turkey.
- Alamos Gold Inc. is also a member of the World Gold Council. The company has consistently achieved its key objectives since its conception, and remains steadfast on its strategy and commitment to the principles of sustainable development.
VISION OF ALAMOS GOLD
- Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development, which the company believes has been pivotal in its success to date.
- Its activities are based on adherence to its core values, namely that of respect, equality, honesty and accountability in all its activities.
- Its employees enable Alamos to welcome new challenges, as they bring integrity, technical expertise and a willingness to learn to the table. The company embraces adversity and applauds milestones in its quest to maintain the highest of standards.
- It regards strong leadership as a guiding principle, and manages its affairs through an Executive Management Team under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Alamos Gold Inc.’s primary focus as a gold producer is on being a leader in growing low-cost production, financial performance and in delivering shareholder value so that its investors can buy and sell stocks in the knowledge that they have invested in a company with future vision.
MARKETPLACE PERFORMANCE OF ALAMOS GOLD
- Alamo Group Inc. went public 1993 and has been trading under the ticker symbol “ALG” on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) since 1995.
- The net book value of the Alamo Group Inc. trademarks was $26,523,000 as of December 31, 2018. During the same year it registered total assets of $725, 379 billion and revenue of $495, 212 billion. Its share price in March 2019 was $98.3 per share. The company’s offering has been enhanced by its more than 25 acquisitions.
You might also like: ALABAMA POWER COMPANY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALAMOS GOLD
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALAMOS GOLD Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALAMOS GOLD STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALAMOS GOLD STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALAMOS GOLD stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALAMOS GOLD stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ADAMS DIVERSIFIED EQUITY FUND STOCKS