ALASKA AIR GROUP (ALK) Stocks
ABOUT ALASKA AIR GROUP
📊 Alaska Air Group, Inc., with its headquarters in SeaTac, Washington, comprises of two certified United States airlines namely Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air. It also owns the ground-handling company, McGee Air services.
📊 The company operates a selection of Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, and Embraer aircraft. In October 2017 the company’s combined fleet – between Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air – comprised 298 aircraft.
📊 Alaska Air group caters to the passenger and cargo markets of the Pacific Northwest with its route network through the Seattle/Tacoma and Portland International Airports, as well as that of Alaska through the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. The company also expanded its market in 2008 to Hawaii and other mainland cities and airports after the demise of Aloha- and ATA Airlines. Its acquisition of Virgin America in 2016 allowed the company to expand its market to California.
📊 Alaska Air Group, Inc. was founded in 1932 and currently employs about 23 376 people. It is currently the eighth-largest US airline based on passenger traffic and the major US West Coast carrier. Its subsidiaries include Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, Air Group Leasing, Inc., and McGee Air Services.
You might also like: ALAMOS GOLD STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALASKA AIR GROUP
- Alaska Air Group was established through the merger of McGee Airways, Star Air Service and other regional service operators in 1932. It expanded very quickly to become the largest charter operator in the world by 1944.
- On March, 2017 the merger of Virgin America and Alaska Airlines was announced under the Alaska Airlines brand, making it the fifth largest commercial service operator in the US with a combined fleet of 60 A320s and 147 Boeing 737s. Although the merger was completed on April 25, 2018, the Virgin America brand will only be fully retired by the end of 2019.
- Alaska Air Group, Inc. operates through three segments namely Mainline, Regional and Horizon. Its network comprises of about 1 200 daily flights to 115 destinations across the US, Mexico, Costa Rica and Canada.
- During recent years the airline has expanded exponentially to service more US, East Coast, Mexican and Canadian destinations.
VISION OF ALASKA AIR GROUP
- Alaska Airlines has been a leading force in aviation among domestic carriers in the United States since 1932. Its unwavering commitment to all aspects of safety, reliability and exceptional customer services makes Alaska Airline the carrier of choice in the United States.
- The company regards this unique heritage as its own magnetic “North” which still serves as their compass point in 2019.
- This fusion of pride in its heritage and passion for its shared values has enabled the company to set an extraordinary benchmark in caring service.
MARKETPLACE PERFORMANCE OF ALASKA AIR GROUP
- Alaska Air Group Inc. trades it stocks on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ALK”.
- Today, Alaska Air Group shares are – as of 2017- mainly held by institutional investors.
- The company’s revenue was US$7.933 billion in 2017. This affords shareholders who buy and sell Alaska Air stocks peace of mind in the knowledge that their investment will yield the expected dividends.
- Alaska Air Group is listed #349 on the World’s Best Employers 2018 and #1355 on the Global 2000 2018.
You might also like: ALAMO GROUP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALASKA AIR GROUP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALASKA AIR GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALASKA AIR GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALASKA AIR GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALASKA AIR GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALASKA AIR GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALABAMA POWER COMPANY STOCKS