ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INCORPORATED (ATI) Stocks
ABOUT ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES
📊 Alleghany Technologies Incorporated (ATI) is a specialty global manufacturer of advanced materials and complex components. Although the company has its headquarters in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, it has plants all over the United States, as well as in Europe.
📊 The company produces titanium and titanium-based alloys, nickel-based alloys and super alloys, stainless steels, zirconium and related alloys in various mill-product forms. Apart from alloy development it also is involved in melting and hot-working through carefully engineered finished components.
📊 Apart from its plants in Western Pennsylvania Allegheny also has plants in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, California, Oregon and Wisconsin, to name but a few. It also has facilities in Shangai, China and in Europe.
📊 Its subsidiaries include, among others, Allegheny Ludlum Corp, TDY Industries, Inc., TDY Holdings LLC, Unity LLC, ATI Flowform Products, ATI Powder Metals and ATO Properties, Inc.
📊 Allegheny Technologies, Inc. currently employs about 8 600 people.
You might also like: ALLEGHANY CORPORATION STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES
- Allegheny Technologies, Inc. is a global market leader in the field of specialty materials and services key markets such as aerospace and defense, with focus on commercial jet engines – which totals over 50 % of the company’s sale. The chemical process industry, electrical energy, oil and gas and medical also forms part of its client base.
- The company’s products can be divided into two segments: High Performance Materials & Components such as titanium-based alloys, nickel-based alloys and super alloys; and Flat Rolled Products which comprises titanium and titanium alloys, specialty alloys, duplex alloys in sheet, strip, and plate form, grain-oriented electrical sheet.
- Business units in the High Performance Materials segment include ATI Forged Products, ATI Cast Products, ATI Specialty Materials, and ATI Specialty Alloys & Components. ATI Flat Rolled Products and the Chinese company, Shanghai STAL Precision Stainless Steel Company Limited (STAL), resort under the Flat Rolled Products division.
VALUES OF ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES
- The objective of Alleghany Corporation is to establish value through owning and managing investments and operating subsidiaries by occupying a core position in property casualty reinsurance and insurance. Conservatism is at the core of the company’s philosophy. It believes in shunning investment fashions in favor of acquiring relatively few interests in basic financial and industrial enterprises which have the potential to deliver long-term value to the investor.
- The company’s core vision is to establish the worlds’ best specialty and materials and components company. Therefore, the company prioritizes its core value – “Never stop innovating”. Its work ethics are based on creating long-term value through relentless innovation. This creates a stable platform for investors to buy and sell Allegheny stocks.
- Allegheny Technologies, Inc. therefore puts a high premium on attracting and retaining only the best – clients and employees alike. As its focus is on solving the problems of the modern world, the company pledges to meet the needs of all its customers. It is steadfast in the resolve that the company – and its products – will last for centuries to come.
MARKETPLACE PERFORMANCE OF ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES
- Allegheny Technologies, Inc. trade its stocks on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ATI”.
- The company has recorded a total revenue of $3.6 billion for the 12-month period which ended on March 31, 2018, cementing its presence as a leader in its field on the global stage. Investors can therefore purchase Allegheny stocks with confidence as they are bound to yield dividends.
- In 2017 the company’s total assets were valued at $5.185 billion with a total equity of $1.739 billion.
You might also like: ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING LIMITED STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALEXANDER & BALDWIN STOCKS