ALLIANCE TRUST PLC (ATST) Shares
ABOUT ALLIANCE TRUST PLC
📊 Alliance Trust PLC, a publicly-traded investment and financial services company, was founded in 1888 and has its headquarters in Dundee, Scotland in the United Kingdom. It is one of the UK’s largest investment trusts.
📊 The company was established through the merger of three Dundee-based mortgage- and land companies: the Dundee Mortgage and Trust Investment Company, the Dundee Investment Company and the Oregon and Washington Trust. Prominent figures in Dundee such as merchants, ship owners and textile manufactured invested some of their money in Alliance Trust and its predecessors.
📊 Today, the company offers its clientele the opportunity to invest with nine best-in-class global equity managers, each a specialist in its own right. Between them, they cover a variety of value, growth or quality stock-picking styles.
📊 Most of these managers are not otherwise available to individual UK investors. The company’s investment portfolio is managed by Willis Towers Watson.
📊 The latter balances risk at stock, sector and geographical level.
📊 Alliance Trust PLC has been an investing pioneer since 1888 when its founders assisted the pioneer farmers on the Old Oregon trail.
OVERVIEW OF ALLIANCE TRUST PLC
- Alliance Trust PLC strives to deliver real dividends and returns for its investors, who purchase company stock, over the medium- and long term, through a combination of capital growth and rising dividends.
- The company’s investment business model is founded on two primary principles: capital growth and a progressive divided policy. It capital growth investment target is to outperform the MSCI All Country World Index by a minimum of 2% per annum (net of costs) over rolling three-year periods.
- The company’s dividend performance counts under the most consistent among investment trusts and has grown continuously for the past 50 years. The Association of Investment Companies has awarded the company “Dividend Hero” status.
- Through its investment manager, Willis Towers Watson, the trust employs multiple managers. This reduces the risk taken by investors in selecting a single, star manager or one specific style that can move in and out of favor.
- It also increases the chances of out-performance. The trust’s equity managers are free to create portfolios of about 20 stocks from anywhere in the world.
VISION & VALUES OF ALLIANCE TRUST PLC
- Alliance Trust PLC’s mission is to provide stellar trustee services in the most efficient manner to its valued clientele.
- It strives to be the best provider of trustee services and a household name for administration solutions.
- Its business operations are characterized by values such as honesty, integrity, accountability and openness.
- By acting responsibly and according to a strategic business model, the trust drives growth and adds value for all stakeholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ALLIANCE TRUST PLC
- Alliance Trust PLC trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol “ATST”. The company is also a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
- For fiscal 2019, Alliance Trust recorded total revenue of £ 55.1 million, operating income of £ 45.3 million and net income of £ 41.4 million.
- Investors who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect sound dividends and returns.