ALLSTATE (ALL) Stocks
📊 The Allstate Corporation is one of the leading insurance providers in the United States. It also has lines insurance operations in Canada. Allstate was founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., and became a publicly traded company in 1993.
📊 On June 30, 1995, Allstate became a fully independent, publicly held corporation. Its headquarters is in Northfield Township in Illinois, near Northbrook – its home since 1967.
📊 Allstate derived its name from a successful Sears tire line, and had humble beginnings in a small office at the Sears headquarters. It remained part of Sears up to 1993, when Sears sold 19.8% of its ownership in Allstate.
📊 Today, Allstate controls about 12 percent of the United States’ home- and auto-insurance market, second only to State Farm Insurance Companies.
📊 Allstate Corporation’s subsidiaries include Allstate Texas Lloyds, Allstate Indemnity Co., Esurance, InfoArmor Inc., PlumChoice, Allstate Protection, and Deerbrook Insurance Company, to name but a few.
📊 The company currently employs about 50 000 people.
You might also like: ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALLSTATE
- Allstate Corporation is the biggest publicly held property and casualty insurance company in the United States.
- The company’s advertising campaign – conceptualized in the 1950 – is based on the question “Are you in good hands?” This slogan has been found to be the most recognizable in America through a study conducted by Northwestern University in 2000.
- Allstate Corporation provides innovate products and services that offers protection and retirement solutions to more than 16 million households in the United States. The company’s business insurance section offers select coverage for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Its business solutions continuously reinvent industry standards, enabling customers to prepare for a better future. Allstate offers home-, car-, property-, condo- and renters insurance, as well as insurance for recreational vehicles such as motorcycles and boats, and flood insurance. It also provides financial products such as college saving programs and a wide range of life insurance products.
VALUES OF ALLSTATE
- Allstate’s mission is to realize the hopes and dreams of its clients by offering them products and services tailor-made to protect them from life’s uncertainties and enabling them to properly plan for the future.
- Allstate’s operations are based on the principles of honesty, caring and integrity – doing the right thing all the time in the most honest way possible. The company therefore adheres to the highest ethical standards to protect its brand reputation and foster a positive work environment.
- Allstate Corporation is also very passionate about youth empowerment, as it is a firm believer that the next generation needs to be inspired to serve causes greater than themselves.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ALLSTATE
- Allstate Corporation ranked in the 79th position in the 2018 Fortune 500list of the largest companies by total revenue in the United States. This is good news for those wanting to buy or sell Allstate stock, as they can expect lucrative dividends on their investment.
- The company trades stocks on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ALL”.
- In 2017 Allstate Corporation recorded revenue of US$38.524 billion with operating income of US$3.991 billion and assets totaling US$112.422 billion. Purchasing Allstate shares therefore is an investment in the future.
You might also like: ALLETE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALLSTATE
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALLSTATE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALLSTATE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALLSTATE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALLSTATE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALLSTATE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALLERGAN plc STOCKS