ALTRIA GROUP (MO) Stocks
ABOUT ALTRIA GROUP
📊 Altria Group, Inc. is one of the world’s biggest producers and marketers of cigarettes, tobacco and associated products. It functions globally and has its headquarters in Henrico County, Virginia in the United States.
📊 Altria Group Inc. was founded in 1985. The predecessor of the present company, Philip Morris & Company, Ltd. Inc., was incorporated in 1919 after acquiring the assets of a small New York corporation of the same name.
📊 Altria Group Inc. also owns the Centre for Research and Technology in Richmond (Virginia BioTechnology Research Park) that employs about 600 scientists, engineers and support staff.
📊 All Altria’s subsidiaries have a rich American heritage that can be traced back more than 180 years. These include Phillip Morris USA (Marlboro cigarettes); Nat Sherman, a super-premium cigarette and cigar business; U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (Copenhagen & Skoal); John Middleton (Black & Mild cigars); Nu Mark which makes innovative tobacco products; and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates which produces Chateau Ste. Michelle.
📊 The group holds diversified positions across cannabis, tobacco and alcohol. Altria Group, Inc. currently employs about 8 300 people.
You might also like: ALTICE USA STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALTRIA GROUP
- Altria Group is a Fortune 200 company and has been a tobacco industry leader for the past 30 years. Its innovative capabilities are clearly demonstrated in its approach to challenges facing the tobacco industry. Altria is, for instance, the only leading tobacco company to support Food & Drug Administration regulations pertaining to tobacco products.
- Through its wholly- owned subsidiaries, the company is dedicated to the provision of market-leading choices to its adult consumers that also offers its valued shareholders lucrative dividends on their investment. Altria focuses on the development of tobacco product which are less harmful to consumers. Its ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and its investment in the world’s largest brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev, complements the company’s comprehensive tobacco platform.
- An exciting new development is Altria’s agreement to acquire a stake in Cronos Group, a leading cannabinoid company. This represents a new global growth opportunity for the company.
- Altria Inc. follows a responsible approach that allows the company to remain a leader in the tobacco industry. It also advocates to the FDA on behalf of products presenting a lower risk and works ceaselessly to offer adult tobacco consumer a wider range of choices.
VALUES OF ALTRIA GROUP
- The company ascribes its success to its valuable employees which, through their dedication and hard work, enables it to provide strong shareholder returns. Altria therefore invest in programmes which enable its employees to hone their capabilities and leadership skills. It believes in developing a strong and diverse workforce.
- Altria Group Inc. also invests heavily in its communities and has been doing so for more than 50 years. The company concentrates on investments in areas that drive its business. It also addresses societal expectations and even advocates against underage tobacco use. The company is also ranked 6th on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s 2018 “100 Best Corporate Citizens List”.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ALTRIA GROUP
- Altria Group Inc. prides itself on its stellar track-record of creating value for shareholders. The company has increased its dividends 53 times in the past 50 years. These dividends were all approved at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Altria Group Inc. trades its stock on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “MO”.
- The company registered total earnings of US$10.208 billion in 2017 with revenue of US$25.576 billion. Its market capitalization in October 2018 totalled USS118.5 billion. Since 2018 the company ranks 154th on the Fortune 500 List of the biggest corporations by revenue in the U.S.
- These statistics boost investor confidence. Whether you buy or sell Atria stocks, you are guaranteed of great dividends.
You might also like: ALTERYX STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALTRIA GROUP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALTRIA GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALTRIA GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALTRIA GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALTRIA GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALTRIA GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY STOCKS