AMERICAN AIRLINES (AAL) Stocks
ABOUT AMERICAN AIRLINES
📊 American Airlines Group Inc. provides passenger, mail and freight services. It is the largest airline in the world measured by among others, scheduled passengers carried, fleet size, number of destinations served and revenue. The company operates in Latin America, throughout North America, Europe, the Pacific and the Caribbean. Another service it offers is connecting flights in the Caribbean, Canada and the U.S. Working with its regional partners, American operates approximately 6 700 flights every day to almost 350 destinations in more than 50 countries.
📊 Regional services are operated under the brand name American Eagle, by subsidiary and independent carriers. It is one of the founding members of Oneworld alliance which is the third largest alliance in the world. American Airlines Group Inc. and American Eagle operate out of ten hubs: Charlotte, Chicago-O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York – JFK, New York – LaGuardia, Philadelphia, Washington-National and Phoenix-Sky Harbor. Its largest hub is Dallas/Fort Worth with more than 500 000 passengers every day.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 2013. It is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and today it has approximately 130 000 employees.
📊 American’s subsidiaries include American Airlines, Envoy Air, Piedmont Airlines, America West Express, American Eagle, American Airlines Shuttle and Avion Assurance Ltd.
You might also like: ALLIANT ENERGY STOCKS
HISTORY OF AMERICAN AIRLINES
- In 1930 more than eighty small airlines unite to form American Airlines. The company originated from two organisations namely Colonial Air Transport and Robertson Aircraft Corporation. Both companies merged into the holding company The Aviation Corporation, in 1929. In 1930 the corporation is made into an operating company, American Airways. The company changes its name to American Airlines in 1934.
- American grows through the years and becomes an international carrier when it buys Trans World Airlines in 2001. American Airlines’ parent company, AMR Corporation, files for bankruptcy protection in 2011 due to a downturn in the airline industry. American Airlines merges with US Airways in 2013. It keeps the American Airlines name as its name is more recognized around the world. This merger creates the largest airline in the U.S.
- By 2019 American operates a fleet of 956 aircraft which makes it the largest in the world. In February 2019 the company takes delivery of its first Airbus A321neo aircraft. American mostly operates with Boeing and Airbus planes.
- American Airlines is named “Best Airline of the Year to the Caribbean” in the 2018 Travel and Living Awards by Caribbean World magazine for the third consecutive year. In 2018 American receives the top score of 100 on the Disability Equality Index (DEI) and named one of the “Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion” for the third year in a row.
VISION & VALUES OF AMERICAN AIRLINES
- Corporate responsibility and sustainability are at the core of American Airlines business strategy. American partners with governments and non-governmental organizations, it has philanthropic activities, employees reach out to communities and it also contributes to non-profit organisations.
- The company has membership in various local chambers of commerce and other related organizations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERICAN AIRLINES
- American Airlines Group Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “AAL”. It is an S&P 500 component.
- In July 2019 the company reports its Second Quarter 2019 results. Its second quarter 2019 pre-tax income is $882 million and net income is $662 million. Excluding net special items, the company’s pre-tax income and net income respectively rose more than 5% to $1.1 billion and $810 million.
- American reports a record second quarter revenue of $12 billion.
You might also like: ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERICAN AIRLINES
Buy AMERICAN AIRLINES stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AMERICAN AIRLINES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERICAN AIRLINES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERICAN AIRLINES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERICAN AIRLINES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERICAN AIRLINES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERICAN AIRLINES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES STOCKS