AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES (ACC) Stocks
ABOUT AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES
📊 American Campus Communities Inc. is a real-estate investment trust that invests in dormitory housing.
📊 The company was founded in 1993 by Bill Bayless and is headquartered in Austin Texas. Bayless, who began as a Resident Assistant, used his passion for student success to start the company. Today, its workforce still largely comprises of former students.
📊 At the end of December 2016, American Campus Communities, Inc. owned and/or managed 206 properties with about 134 100 beds, officially making the company the biggest private dormitory manager in the United States.
📊 Universities outsource the financial responsibilities of the construction and management of dormitories to American Campus. The latter then develops both off- and on-campus dormitories.
📊 Today, the company employs about 5 000 people.
You might also like: AMERICAN ASSETS TRUST STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES
- American Campus Communities, Inc. provides customized accommodation solutions to students, so they can create communities in which they can thrive.
The company offers innovative products and services and its operations are based on creative thinking and continuous self-evaluation.
- This approach allows it to not only maintain its competitive advantage, but to also successfully address the needs of an ever-changing marketplace. It actively works to create an environment in which its employees are motivated and rewarded, allowing them to soar to greater heights in their career.
- The company fuses grassroots expertise with its fierce commitment to quality, ensuring unsurpassed service and value to students, parents and universities.
American Campus Communities, Inc. regards the integration of sustainable features into its campus communities as a prerequisite for delivering the best experiences to students.
- It regards a healthy and socially responsible living environment as vital to residents’ happiness and to the future of the planet.
VISION OF AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES
- American Campus Communities, Inc. follows a promote-from-within policy that allows for both its clients’ and employees’ ambition to soar as high as possible.
- The company’s mission is to provide each student in its dormitories with the perfect, healthy environment in which he/she can obtain optimal academic achievement and the opportunity for optimal growth.
- The company therefore puts students first at all times and believe in having a positive attitude which constantly surprise and delight its clients. Team spirit is at the heart of all its activities. This spirit is based on mutual respect and shared values.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES
- American Campus Communities, Inc. went public with its initial public offering on August 17, 2004. The company trades its stock on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ACC”.
- In 2017 it recorded revenue of US$0.741 billion with total assets of US$6.897 billion and total equity of US$3.484 billion.
- Its sound financials give its shareholders the confidence to buy and sell American Campus Communities shares in the knowledge that they can expect lucrative dividends on their investment.
You might also like: AMERESCO STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMEREN STOCKS