AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS (AEO) Stocks
ABOUT AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS
📊 American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. – better known as American Eagle – is a global lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer, with its headquarters in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania in the United States. The brothers Jerry and Mark Silverman founded the company in 1977 as a subsidiary of Retain Ventures, Inc. which owned Siverman’s Menswear. American Eagle is the parent company of Aerie.
📊 The company produces clothes for male and female university students, although its range of clothes is popular among adults and teenagers too.
📊 The company has 933 stores, 109 stand-alone Aerie stores and 4 Tailgate stand-alone stores. Popular products include jeans, polo shirts, graphic T-shirts, Henley shirts, sweatpants, boxers and boxer briefs and briefs, outerwear and swimwear.
📊 Today, the company employs about 25 000 people in total.
You might also like: AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS
- American Eagle opened its first store in 1977 in Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, Michigan. Its brand of clothing quickly proved popular.
- American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie products are sold at more than 200 international outlets by licensees in 25 countries. The company has distribution centres in Ottawa, Kansas (U.S.), Hazleton, Pennsylvania (U.S.) and Mississauga, Ontario (Canada).
- The addresses of its buildings at its headquarters in Pennsylvania are “19 Hot Metal Street” and “77 Hot Metal Street” commemorating its first store in Twelve Oaks Mall.
- The first Canadian store was opened in 2001, with a store in San Juan, Puerto Rico following in the same year. The company also expanded its footprint to the Middle East in 2009 by opening stores in Dubai, Kuwait, Lebanon and Beirut.
- Next were stores in Egypt, Moscow and Jordan in 2011, and Tokyo and Israel in 2012, followed by the Philippines and Mexico in 2013. It expanded to the United Kingdom in 2014.
VISION OF AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. invests heavily in its communities as it believes that by giving back, it enhances its own success. The company’s vision is built on pillars of trust, honesty and integrity. It puts a high premium on self-expression and individuality.
- The company also believes that hard work, creativity and determination enable one to become the best version of oneself. It values teamwork, passion integrity and innovation. It also believes its workforce is a vital element of its global success.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. trades its stock on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “AEO”.
- In 2016, for example, the company recorded revenue of US$3.61 billion with total equity of US$1.2 billion, and total assets of US$1.78 billion.
- Its sound financial footing in the market gives investors the confidence to buy and sell shares which are bound to yield lucrative dividends.
You might also like: AMERICAN ASSETS TRUST STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMERESCO STOCKS