AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER (AEP) Stocks
ABOUT AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER
📊 American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP) is a leading electric utility in the United States and services about 5.4 million customers in 11 states. The company was incorporated on December 20, 1906 and boasts a rich history in its field. It directly or indirectly owns all the outstanding stock of its public utility subsidiaries and some of other subsidiaries. The company’s headquarters are situated in Columbus, Ohio.
📊 The company has the biggest electricity transmission system in the U.S. with a network comprising 40 000 miles which includes more 765 kilovolt extra-high voltage transmission lines that all the other transmission systems in the country combined.
📊 The company manages about 224 000 miles of distribution lines.
📊 AEP provides an electric service – comprising generation, transmission and distribution – to states such as Arkansas, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Louisiana, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Virginia, Texas, Michigan and West Virginia.
📊 Today, AEP employs more than 10 000 people at its various distribution centres all over America.
You might also like: AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER
- American Electric Power owns approximately 26,000 megawatts of the United States’ generating capacity and supplies 3, 200 megawatts of renewable energy to its clients.
- Its utility units comprises AEP Ohio, AEP Texas, Appalachian Power (Virginia and West Virginia), AEP Appalachian Power (Tennessee), Kentucky Power, Indiana Michigan Power, Southwestern Electric Power Company (Arkansas, Louisiana and east-Texas), and the Public Service Company of Oklahoma.
- The company has various divisions, namely Vertically Integrated Utilities, AEP Transmission Holdco, Transmission and Distribution Utilities, and Generation & Marketing.
VISION OF AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER
- American Electric Power heavily invests in the communities in which it operates by developing assets to make them attractive to companies seeking a new location. In doing this, it creates job opportunities for locals. In 2016 alone, the company created more than 18 000 jobs through 124 community development projects.
- The company’s activities evolve around making connections – among communities and businesses. AEP collaborates with the state, as well as regional and local development allies, to provide assistance and support in a number of ways such as participation in marketing events and activities, offering training opportunities such as webinars and face-to-face meetings, investing in site certification and other programs and by availing scholarships to local, state and national training facilities.
- The company also offers interactive tools such as the complimentary use of its LocationOne Information System (LOIS), an online site and building database comprising community profiles, demographics and business reports. It also has an interactive web tool for county level demographic and business reports.
The company regards itself as a citizen of each community its serves and actively takes part in its affairs.
- This citizenship goes beyond promoting economic prosperity. It also assists communities to develop economically by offering training opportunities and preparing sites for industrial occupation.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER
- Since 2017 the American Electric Power shares are primarily held by institutional investors and big single-family offices such as Vanguard group, BlackRock and State Street Corporation, to name but a few.
- AEP trades its stocks on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AEP”. The company’s rich and long history and sound financial performance, affords it shareholders the confidence to buy and sell its stock, as they can expect lucrative dividends on their investment.
You might also like: AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER
Buy AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMERICAN ASSETS TRUST STOCKS