AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY (AWR) Stocks
ABOUT AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY
📊 American States Water Company is one of the United States’ leading water and electricity utility companies. Founded in 1929, and headquartered in San Dimas, California, the company has 50-year privatization contracts with the American Government as a water-system service contractor.
📊 The company provides water to approximately 246 000 customers and electricity to about 23 000 customers in Big Bear Lake and California. It is the parent company to American States Utility Services (ASUS), Inc. and its subsidiaries, as well as to the Golden State Water Company (GSWC). The latter has more than 45 000 customers and ASUS is a U.S. government contractor too.
📊 American States Water Company operates through three divisions namely water, electric and contracted services.
📊 Today, American States Water Company employs approximately 700 people.
You might also like: AMERICAN RENAL ASSOCIATES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY
- Since its inception in 1929, American States Water Company has grown exponentially. Today, it is a leading water and electricity service provider that caters to the needs of over a million people throughout California.
- The company’s contracted-services subsidiary, American States Utility Services, Inc., renders operations, construction management and maintenance services for water- and wastewater systems at military bases across the United States.
- The company is a dynamic employer, boasting a history of stability and continues growth. It values its employees and offers a rewarding and challenging working environment conducive to honing skills and improving knowledge and expertise.
VALUES OF AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY
- American States Water Company strives, at all times, to maximize shareholder value by combining capital appreciation and cash dividends. To achieve this objective, it is critical to the company to deliver only the best quality water, wastewater and electric services to its customers, as well as deliver continuous superior financial performance for shareholders.
- The company develops and empowers its own workforce, conserves resources, and leverage diversity among its employees and vendors. It also works actively to minimize lifestyle costs.
- The company also highly values its employees and their contributions to its success. It provides a diverse working environment conducive to success and personal development and believes in transparency in all its operations.
- Other core values include excellence in service delivery, accountability, integrity, respect, fairness and teamwork.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY
- American States Water Company trades its shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AWR”.
- Since 1931 the company has paid dividends to its shareholders annually. It registered a net income of US$436.8 million at the end of December 2018.
- In 2014 American States Water Company recorded market capitalization of US$1.12 billion, and an asset value of US$1,42 billion.
- This sound financial performance enables shareholders to buy and sell stock in the company with confidence. as they are assured of lucrative dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: AMERICAN REALTY INVESTORS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMERICAN MIDSTREAM STOCKS