AMERICAN TOWER (AMT) Stocks
ABOUT AMERICAN TOWER
📊 American Tower Corporation is a wireless and broadcast communications company and operates as a real estate investment trust. The company’s portfolio includes approximately 170 000 sites that develop wireless markets, leasing of communication space to radio and television companies, wireless data and service providers, as well as municipalities and government agencies. Businesses is administrated through its subsidiaries.
📊 American Towers Corporation’s corporate headquarters is situated in Boston, Massachusetts, with its Unites States tower headquarters in Woburn, Massachusetts. More offices are located across the United States which include Texas, Florida, Carolina, Nevada, Illinois and Georgia.
📊 The company has more than 5 000 employees in 17 countries across 5 continents.
You might also like: ACTIVISION BLIZZARD STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMERICAN TOWER
- American Radio creates American Tower Corporation as a subsidiary in 1995. Viacom buys American Radio in 1998 and American Tower Corporation, becoming a separate company through a corporate spin-off. American Tower Corporation starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 1999 the company expands to Mexico and with more than 3 000 sites, becomes the largest independent tower operator in Mexico. A year later American Tower Corporation expands to Brazil. The company shifts its focus during the next few years by selling its construction services and improving operations. In 2005 American Tower Corporation and SpectraSite, the company’s biggest opponent, merges and becomes the largest in the United States in its particular field. The company starts operating in Peru, India, Chile, Ghana, South Africa and Columbia in years to come.
- In 2012 America Tower Corporation becomes a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). The company pays dividends to its shareholders. The company purchases 11 448 communication sites from Verizon Communications, Inc. American Tower Corporation is listed on the Fortune 500 which names the largest United States companies by revenue.
- On the 30th of May, 2019, the company announces that it is buying Eaton Towers Ltd. for a price of $1.85 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF AMERICAN TOWER
- American Tower Corporation’s corporate responsibility includes hiring the best employees, handling business deals ethically, giving back to the communities from which it operates and minimizing its environmental footprint.
- The company promotes biodiversity and renewable energy. The American Tower Foundation’s mission is to use technology to provide opportunities for students, teachers and communities. Several organizations receive grants, matching gifts and relief when natural disasters strike.
- American Tower Corporation is on the Fortune 500 list for two consecutive years. The company is also on the 2020 Women on Boards 2017 Honor Roll Companies. American Tower Corporation is listed on the FTSE4Good Index, which means that they are addressing climate change and environmental sustainability, as well as defending human rights.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERICAN TOWER
- American Tower Corp trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol AMT.
- Analysis for the first quarter of 2019 reports a total revenue of $1,813 million, an increase of 4.1 percent. Net income is $408 million, an increase of 45.4 percent and
adjusted EBITDA is $1,114 million, a 4.9 percent increase.
You might also like: WELLS FARGO STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERICAN TOWER
Buy AMERICAN TOWER stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AMERICAN TOWER Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERICAN TOWER Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERICAN TOWER STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERICAN TOWER STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERICAN TOWER stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERICAN TOWER stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : WALT DISNEY STOCKS