AMERICAN WATER WORKS (AWK) Stocks
ABOUT AMERICAN WATER WORKS
📊 American Water Works Company, Inc.provides high quality, clean and safe water services at an affordable price.It is the largest in its field and most geographically diverse company in the United States.The company consists of two types of operations. Regulated operations are those in which the company owns assets. In market-based operations the company manages its assets as well as provides water and wastewater services for municipalities, businesses and residential homes.
📊 American Water Works Company Inc.’s headquarters is located in Camden, New Jersey.
📊 The company employs more than 7 100 people who serve approximately 14 million customers in 46 states.
📊 More than 1 billion gallons of water are provided each day. The company’s portfolio includes 81 surface water treatment plants, an estimated 51 000 miles of pipes, 530 groundwater treatment plants, 1 000 groundwater wells, 80 dams, 1 300 treated water storage facilities, 1 400 pumping stations and 130 wastewater treatment facilities.
You might also like: AMERICAN AIRLINES STOCKS
HISTORY OF AMERICAN WATER WORKS
- American Water Works &Guarantee Company is founded in 1886. In 1914 it changes its name to American Water Works and Electric Company. The company is incorporated in 1936and it becomes American Water Works Company, Inc. John H. Ware, Junior buys the company in 1947.
- In 1963 it merges with Northeastern Water Company. In 1996 American Water Works buys Pennsylvania Gas and Water Company’s water holdings for theprice of $409 million.
- From 2001 to 2008 the company is a subsidiary of the German company RWE Group. American Water Works establishes American Water Military Services Group in 2003.
- It treats and supplies water on a contract base for the United States’ military bases. It also treats military installations’ wastewater. American Water Works is divested in April 2008 in its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
VISION & VALUES OF AMERICAN WATER WORKS
- American Water Works Company, Inc. follows strict guidelines to avoid conflict of interest, ensure fair dealing and safeguard information. Customers are at the center of every decision the company makes. American Water Works focusses on providing high quality water, the safety of its employees, building strong communities and creating value to its shareholders.
- The drinking water that it provides are 21 times more compliant than the average drinking water. Approximately 60 000 hours of safety training are given to employees every year. The company promotes opportunities to save energy, protect biodiversity and conserve water. It also responds to climate changes.
- From 2015 to 2016, American Water Works has partnered with local environmental groups on 89 projects in 11 states. It is one of America’s Top Green Companies and recognised by Environmental Business Journal for its water quality and sustainability.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERICAN WATER WORKS
- American Water Works Company, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSEstock symbol “AWK”.
- Analysis data for the company’s first quarter ending May 01, 2019 reports a GAAP net income of $110 million. Diluted earnings per share are $0.62. It invests $337 million with majority in Regulated Businesses. Quarterly dividends increase by 9.9 percent.
- Dividends payable to common stock shareholders as of Augustus 09, 2019 are $0.50 per share.
You might also like: ALLIANT ENERGY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERICAN WATER WORKS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERICAN WATER WORKS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERICAN WATER WORKS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERICAN WATER WORKS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERICAN WATER WORKS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERICAN WATER WORKS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS STOCKS