AMERIGAS (APU) Stocks
📊 AmeriGas Partners, L.P was founded in 1959. The company operates approximately 2 500 distribution locations in all 50 U.S. states. It’s the country’s leading propane marketer and provides services to about 2 million customers.
📊 AmeriGas is a publicly traded master limited partnership, with the UGI Corporation (through subsidiaries) as the sole general partner (26% partnership). The company operates primarily through its subsidiary, AmeriGas Propane, L.P. During 2018 the company distributed approximately 1.1 billion gallons of propane to more than 1.7 million residential, industrial, fuel, agricultural and wholesale customers all over America.
📊 AmeriGas Partners, L.P. specialises residential- and commercial propane, grill cylinders, propane tanks and forklift cylinders. Although AmeriGas Partners, LP’s headquarters is situated in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, it operates throughout the United States.
📊 Today the company employs approximately 7,700 people.
You might also like: AMERICOLD REALTY TRUST STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMERIGAS
- AmeriGas has a stellar record of excellent service and is the most reliable, safest and most responsive propane company in the US.
- Propane is used for a wide variety of applications such as home and water heating, fire furnaces and cutting gas (industrial), and to power vehicles, forklifts and stationary engines.
- In the agricultural sector, propane is used in applications for crops, orchard heating and chicken brooding. Propane is an environmentally friendly and energy efficient fuel source.
- Propane cylinders are available at more than 59,000 U.S. retail stations through AmeriGas’ Partnership AmeriGas Cylinder Exchange programme.
VISION OF AMERIGAS
- The company’s vision is to be the safest, most reliable and most responsive propane provider in the Unites States.
- Delighting the customer is the company’s guiding principle. Safety is, however, its most critical value. It places high emphasis on the development of the digital customer experience and being reliable in extreme weather.
- AmeriGas values its customers’ opinions, and therefore monitors the customer experience through its Net Promoter Score (NPS). Its local managers and customer-service representatives continuously review customer feedback and act appropriately, ensuring that the expected level of service is never compromised.
- AmeriGas is also heavily invested in the communities it operates in. Examples of its corporate responsibility programmes are the Community Care Program and the AmeriGas School Days Programme through which the company uses its size to make a difference in the lives of others.
- The company believes in sharing smiles and knowledge to create a better future for all.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERIGAS
- AmeriGas Partners L.P. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “APU”.
- At the end of its financial year in September 2017, AmeriGas recorded revenue of US$2.823.02 million and a net income of US$190.5 million. This clearly illustrates the company’s sound financial performance.
- Shareholders can therefore buy and sell AmeriGas shares with confidence in the knowledge that their investment will yield the expected dividends.
You might also like: AMERICAN VANGUARD STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERIGAS
Buy AMERIGAS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AMERIGAS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERIGAS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERIGAS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERIGAS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERIGAS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERIGAS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMERICAN STATES WATER COMPANY STOCKS