AMGEN (AMGN) Stocks
📊 Amgen Inc. (formerly known as Applied Molecular Genetics Inc.), a global biopharmaceutical company, was founded in 1980 and has its headquarters in Thousand Oaks, California, in the United States.
📊 The company focuses on cutting-edge molecular biology and biochemistry, and its goal is to provide a health-care business based on recombinant DNA technology. It is one of the world’s largest biotechnology companies. Amgen develops human therapeutics for the treatment of serious illness in the fields of oncology, cardiovascular disease, inflammation, nephrology, neuroscience and bone health.
📊 Its product portfolio includes: Neulasta; erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs) such as Aranesp and EPOGEN; XGEVA (denosumab); Prolia (denosumab); KYPROLIS (carfilzomib) and Vectibix (panitumumab), to name but a few. In recent times, Amgen’s largest production lines were Neulasta, a drug which prevents infections in cancer patients, and Enbrel, a tumor necrosis factor blocker used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 20 000 people at its facilities globally.
You might also like: AMERICAN EXPRESS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMGEN
- Amgen Inc. researches, develops and manufactures innovative human therapeutics that unlocks the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses. The company uses advanced human genetics to unravel and understand the fundamentals of human biology and disease.
- Its focus area is unmet medical needs. Amgen uses its expertise to create solutions that improve health outcomes and life expectancy.
- It has been at the forefront of global biotechnology since 1980, and is currently one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies. It has already changed the lives of millions of patients worldwide, and is continuously developing a portfolio of medicines with breakaway potential.
- Amgen is active in more than100 countries and regions globally. Amgen medicines address diseases with limited treatment options. The company’s products provide viable options to what is available on the market. Amgen follows a “biology first” approach which enables scientists to firstly explore the complex molecular pathways of disease so as to determine what type of medicine is likely to deliver the best and safest outcome.
VALUES OF AMGEN
- Amgen is passionate about serving patients by transforming science and biotechnology into therapies that can restore health, save lives and extend life expectancy. In fulfilling this mission, the company is guided by its core values which form the basis of all its operations.
- Its business ethos is founded on trust and respect for all. It is science-based but driven by innovation and the quest for excellence. The company believes in intense competition with the objective of emerging victorious.
- Its success is based on scientific innovation, integrity and continuous improvement. It operates accountably and values open communication and transparency. Amgen continuously seeks to create value for its clients, employees and stakeholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMGEN
- Amgen Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AMGN”.
- In 2018, the company recorded a total increase in revenue of 4% to US$23.7 billion, with a 3% product growth. It generated US$10.6 billion of free cash flow compared to US$10.5 billion in 2017.
- This solid financial performance guarantees that shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, will get sound dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: AMAZON STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMGEN
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMGEN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMGEN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMGEN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMGEN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMGEN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ADOBE STOCKS