AMPCO PITTSBURGH (AP) Stocks
ABOUT AMPCO PITTSBURGH
📊 Speciality steel manufacturer Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation (American Metal Products Company) is made up of several previously established small steel makers. Operating under the Ampco umbrella are five small companies in two different segments. These two segments are Forged and Cast Engineered Products and Air and Liquid Processing.
📊 Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation and its subsidiaries manufactures and sells its custom engineering products to commercial as well as industrial users. These users are not only based in the United States but across the globe.
📊 Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation’s history dates back to 1929 when it was incorporated in Pennsylvania. It is headquartered in Carnegie, Pennsylvania and has approximately 1 300 employees.
📊 Its subsidiaries include Union Electric Steel Corp., Ampco Pittsburgh Securities V Corp., Kers Sweden AB and Buffalo Air Handling Company.
You might also like: AMNEAL PHARMACEUTICALS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMPCO PITTSBURGH
- The Forged and Cast Engineered Products segment provides the highest quality and most reliable products in the industry. With its manufacturing capabilities and technical expertise Ampco is a global leader.
- With more than 90 years of experience the Union Electric Steel Group understands the importance of providing products that meet the stringent demands of today, while focussing on the changing needs of the future.
- The forged hardened steel rolls that are produced under this segment are used in various industries. These industries include producers of aluminium, steel and other metals, aluminium and plastic extrusion industries as well as ingot and open-die forget products for use in the oil and gas industries.
- Ampco’s Air and Liquid Processing Segment designs and manufactures precision equipment of the highest quality and performance. This segment manufactures custom designed heat exchangers, custom air handling equipment and specialized centrifugal pumps for various markets.
- These markets include the United States Navy market, fossil fuelled and nuclear power generation markets, the health care market and pharmaceutical and bio-medical research markets. This segment is made up of three divisions, Aerofin, Buffalo Air Handling and Buffalo Pumps.
VALUES OF AMPCO PITTSBURGH
- Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation is proud to be a producer of quality products since 1929 and its mission is to “Always Move Forward”.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMPCO PITTSBURGH
- Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “AP”.
- In March 2019 it reports its Earnings Results for the Fourth Quarter ended December 31, 2018. The company’s sales are $95.822 million for the fourth quarter compared to $103.572 million in 2017. Its operating loss is $40.078 million compared to 3.266 million in 2017.
- Ampco-Pittsburgh’s net loss is $60.243 million compared to $3.191 million a year ago. The basic loss per share from continuing operations is $3.28 compared to $0.34 in 2017. The company’s basic loss per share was $4.82 compared to $0.26 in 2017.
- For the full year sales was $419.432 million compared to $385.155 million in 2017. The operating loss was $44.892 million compared to $13.769 million a year ago. Ampco-Pittsburgh’s net loss was $69.335 million compare to $12.089 million in 2017.
- Basic loss per share from continuing operations was $3.5 compared to $1.22 in 2017. The company’s basic loss per share was $5.57 compared to $0.98 in 2017.
You might also like: AMN HEALTHCARE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMPCO PITTSBURGH
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMPCO PITTSBURGH Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMPCO PITTSBURGH STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMPCO PITTSBURGH STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMPCO PITTSBURGH stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMPCO PITTSBURGH stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMETEK STOCKS