AMPHENOL (APH) Stocks
📊 Amphenol Corporation is one of the largest producers of interconnected products. The company designs, produces and markets these products which include fiber optic connectors, electronic connecters, cables and interconnected systems.
📊 Amphenol caters for markets such as military and commercial aerospace, mobile devices and networks, automotive, IT & datacom and broadband, just to name a few.
📊 Amphenol has more than 60 branches from which they operate in the Americas, Australia, Africa and Europe. The company’s headquarters is in Wallingford, Connecticut and there are more than 100 businesses globally that unites under the Amphenol name.
📊 Amphenol has more than 70,000 employees that connects people across the globe.
You might also like: ARCELORMITTAL STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMPHENOL
- Arthur J. Schmitt founds Amphenol Corporation in 1932. The first products that customers can buy is radio tubes and tube sockets. In the Second World War, the company expands its portfolio and provides connectors for military hardware for airplanes and radios.
- In 1967 – 1982 Amphenol merges with Bunker Ramo Corporation, a manufacturer of military electronic devices. Customers can now buy diverse electronics such as wireless infrastructure, pro audio and information technology. Amphenol started its trade on the New York Stock Exchange in 1991.
- Amphenol Fiber Systems International is formed in 1993 and specializes in the production of fiber optic connectivity products.
- In 2005 Amphenol purchases SV Microwave, a manufacturer of connectors and cable assemblies. The same year the company purchases Teradyne Connection Systems for a price of $390 million. Teradyne specializes in high-density electronic connectors and system packaging.
- In 2006 Amphenol starts its e-commerce storefront and is able to distribute cable assemblies. In the years to come the company acquires more businesses and expands its portfolio significantly.
- Today, Amphenol is a worldwide leader in the manufacturing of interconnecting products.
VISION OF AMPHENOL
- Amphenol has a vision of connecting people across the globe with technology. The company is committed to its employees, customers, surrounding environment and the community from which it operates.
- Amphenol values its communities and through its partnership with United Way, donates funds to local, national and international charities.
- United Way is a volunteer organization that helps countless communities globally with income, health and education. The company is socially and environmentally responsible and shows zero tolerance for human trafficking and slavery.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMPHENOL
- Amphenol trades on the NYSE under the stock symbol APH.
- For end of year 2018, analysis data shows sales of $8,202 billion, an increase from the previous year’s $7,011 billion. Operating cash flow for full year 2018 is $1,113 billion. Gross profit is $2,654.9 million and assets at the end of 2018 is $10,044.9 million.
- Amphenol pays quarterly dividends to its shareholders on its common stock. The forecast chart for 2019 predicts a positive return in profit.
You might also like: ARC DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMPHENOL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMPHENOL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMPHENOL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMPHENOL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMPHENOL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMPHENOL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ARAMARK STOCKS