ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL (AXE) Stocks
ABOUT ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL
📊 Anixter International, Inc. is an international distributor of network and security solutions, electrical and electronic solutions, as well as utility power solutions. The company was founded in 1957 and is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, in the United States.
📊 The company’s main functions are to build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructure. It offers full-line solutions and intelligence that protect and sustain communities and businesses. These solutions include enterprise networks, industrial MRO supply, and video surveillance applications, to name but a few.
📊 Anixter International lowers the cost, risk and complexity of its customer’s supply chains through its leading global distribution network and technical expertise.
📊 The company enhances the distribution process by offering its customers access to more than 400,000 products, 320 branch locations/warehouses in more than 50 countries, and a host of innovative supply-chain solutions.
📊 Anixter International, Inc. has three major divisions, namely Network & Security Solutions, Electrical and Electronic Solutions.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 9 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: ANHEUSER BUSCH IMBEV STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL
- Alan and Bill Anixter founded the company, originally known as Anixter Brothers, in 1957. Their mother gave them a cash loan of US$10 000 dollars to start the business and they made revenue of US$10 million within the first decade.
- By the end of the 1960s, Anixter had acquired 19 companies. It began trading on the American Stock Exchange in 1967 and by 1972 it began operations in the United Kingdom.
- The company was listed as a Forbes “Platinum 400” company in 2002, and in 2013 it ranked number 405 in the Fortune 500 list.
Anixter International has the largest and widest wire and cable product range in the world.
- Its technical and supply chain expertise enables industrial and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers to optimally manage cable, wire and supply product procurement.
- The company also specializes, among others, in distributed antenna systems (DAS), fire and life safety, audio/video, door-locking hardware and supply-chain services.
VISION OF ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL
- Anixter International Inc. knows that its business is based on connecting with people. It therefore puts a high premium on integrity – doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching. It would rather lose money than violate its integrity – or the law.
- The company’s Blue Book contains its business ethics and values. Anixter is committed to treat everyone – its customers and employees – fairly. Anixter strives to meet ethical standards that meet, and even succeed, customer expectations.
- The company therefore expects its suppliers to have the same high ethical standards in the way they conduct business, and act in accordance with the applicable laws and the Anixter Supplier Code of Conduct.
- As the company conducts business worldwide, it interacts with officials and agencies of governments around the world. It therefore also puts a high premium on the adherence to the laws of all these countries, including anti-corruption and international trade laws.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL
- Anixter International Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AXE”. The company began trading on the NYSE in the sixties and boasts a history of sound financial performance.
- The company recorded revenue of US$7.623 billion in 2016, with a net income of US$120.5 billion and assets valued at US$4.094 billion.
- Shareholders who buy and sell Anixter shares can expect lucrative dividends on their investment.
You might also like: ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL
Buy ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ANAPLAN STOCKS