APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES (AIT) Stocks
ABOUT APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES
📊 Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. was founded by Joseph M. Bruening in 1923. At the time it was known as The Ohio Ball Bearing Company. Its name was changed to the Ohio Ball Bearing Company in 1953 and it began trading on the American Stock Exchange in the same year. It changed its name to Applied Industrial Technologies in 1997 to more accurately represent its wide product range.
📊 The company is a leading distributor of bearings, engineered fluid power, power transmission products, speciality flow control solutions, and a range of other industrial supplies. Its clients include maintenance, repair and operations providers (MRO), as well as original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in a broad range of industries.
📊 It also offers engineering, design and systems integration for industrial applications, and customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power-shop services, as well as inventory management and storeroom services.
📊 The company’s headquarters is situated in Cleveland Ohio. Today. Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. employs approximately 6 700 people.
You might also like: APPLE HOSPITALITY REIT STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES
- Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. distributes its industrial products globally. It operates in two divisions namely Service Centre-based Distribution, and Fluid Power and Flow Control.
- It mainly distributes bearings, power transmission products, speciality flow solutions, linear motion components, engineered fluid power components and systems, tools, oilfield supplies, safety products and other maintenance and industrial supplies. Additionally, the company also runs fabricated rubber workshops that repair and modify conveyor belts. It also provides hose assemblies.
- Its clients include those in general industries, mining, oil and gas industries, petrochem and chemical industries, the food industry, the metals industry and government.
- Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. operates approximately 600 facilities through more than 6 600 employee associates.
VISION OF APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES
- Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.’s mission is to be a leader in the provision and service of mechanical and technical solutions in Canada. Its quality products and service offer its clients profitable and commercial success to develop their businesses.
- The company is fully committed to a safe, productive and conducive workplace where employees can develop and hone their skills. Employees are suitably trained and have the opportunity to evolve with the company.
- The company strives to be recognized as the national leader in its industry by its customers, suppliers and communities in which it operates.
- The foundation of the company’s success is its culture of service and a commitment to excellence. Its success is made possible by its dedicated associates who continuously live according to the company’s core values.
- The latter reflect its foundation – present and future. The Applied Core Values were renewed in 2013 during the company’s 90th anniversary celebrations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES
- Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AIT”.
- The company has been performing satisfactory in the market over the years and registered revenue of $3.1 billion in 2018, for example. Sales for 2018 were $3.1 billion, up by 18.5% compared to 2017.
- Shareholders can therefore buy and sell Applied Industrial shares with confidence, in the expectation of lucrative dividends.
You might also like: APERGY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : APACHE STOCKS