AQUA AMERICA (WTR) Stocks
ABOUT AQUA AMERICA
📊 Aqua America, Inc. is one of the United States’ largest publicly-traded water utilities, with its headquarters located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. The company was founded in 1968.
📊 Through its subsidiaries, the company operates regulated utilities that provide water and wastewater services in the U.S. It operates through water-services and maintenance contracts with municipal authorities and other parties. Other services include non-utility raw-water services for companies in the natural gas-drilling industry, repair services to households through third-parties, and sewer-line and water-protection solutions.
📊 Today, the company provides approximately 3 million people in more than 10 states with water and wastewater services. It is continuously enlarging its operations through acquisitions. Its customers include residential and commercial water users, as well as fire protection, industrial water, wastewater and other water- and utility customers in states such as Ohio, Texas, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina.
📊 Aqua America, Inc. also provides selected clients with water and wastewater consulting and contract operations, as well as management services.
📊 Today, Aqua America, Inc. employs approximately 1 600 people.
You might also like: APTIV PLC STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AQUA AMERICA
- Aqua America, Inc.’s history spans over more than a century. The company’s predecessor, Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc., was founded as the Springfield Water Company in January, 1886, when a group of college professors received a charter to supply water to Springfield Township in Delaware County. As the company’s customers increased, so did its responsibilities, and the decision was made to incorporate.
- In the 1990s Aqua launched a successful growth-through-acquisition strategy, which led to almost 200 acquisitions within that decade. These takeovers boosted the company’s financial performance, and cemented its reputation as a low-cost provider of quality drinking water.
- Aqua America’s biggest subsidiary is Aqua Pennsylvania. It accounts for almost half of Aqua America’s operating revenue and services more than 50% of its client base. Aqua Pennsylvania operates in the Philadelphia area.
- Aqua Resources, Inc. the company’s non-utility subsidiary, is not regulated. It runs operations and maintenance contracts and offers services such as liquid-waste hauling, and water- and wastewater-system maintenance and repair.
VALUES OF AQUA AMERICA
- Aqua America, Inc. remains committed to its strategy of growth, and will continue to be a trend-setter in the water-utility industry. The company also vows to protect our most valuable resource – water – through sound and environmentally responsible business practices.
- The company has a stellar record – spanning more than a decade – in the preservation and improvement of the environments in which it operates. Aqua operates according to values such as integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence. Its employees are respectful of one another, their customers and their environment, and execute their duties in a safe, caring and trustworthy manner.
- They are also fully committed to delivering excellent service, as well as respecting the work/life balance to which everyone has a right.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AQUA AMERICA
- Aqua America, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “WTR”.
- The company’s sound financial performance is reflected in its financial figures for 2018. It recorded an operating income of US$323.178 million, with net income of US$191.988 million.
- Investors and shareholders can therefore buy and sell Aqua America, Inc. shares in the expectation of great dividends and returns.
You might also like: APTARGROUP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AQUA AMERICA
Buy AQUA AMERICA stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AQUA AMERICA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AQUA AMERICA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AQUA AMERICA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AQUA AMERICA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AQUA AMERICA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AQUA AMERICA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : APPLIED INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS