ARCELORMITTAL (MT) Stocks
📊 ArcelorMittal, a multinational steel manufacturing corporation, was founded in 2006 through the merger of Arcelor with the Indian-owned MittalSteel. Its headquarters is situated in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg.
📊 The corporation is the world’s largest steel producer with an average annual crude steel production of approximately 92.5 million metric tonnes. It is ranked 123rd in the 2017 Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations.
📊 ArcelorMittal produces steel products, tinplate and heavy plate, billets, blooms, rebars, wire rod, sections, rails sheet piles and drawn wire. The company’s extensive workforce – approximately 209 000 – is spread over various continents.
📊 Approximately 37% is stationed in the EU, 16 % in non-EU European countries, 17% in Asia, 16% in the United States and the remainder in South America, the Middle East and Africa. The company runs 12 major facilities in the United States – in Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
📊 The corporation has a presence in more than 60 countries and an industrial footprint in 19 countries. It is the leading supplier of quality steel products to major markets such as automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging.
📊 ArcelorMittal’s operations are guided by a philosophy to produce safe and sustainable steel.
OVERVIEW OF ARCELORMITTAL
- Apart from being the leading steel products supplier in major global markets, ArcelorMittal also mines iron ore and coal mines, mostly to supply its own operations.
- A total of 47% of the corporation’s steel is produced in Europe, 35% in the Americas, and 18% in countries such as Kazakhstan, South Africa and Ukraine.
Just over a third of ArcelorMittal’s steel is marketed as finished products. About 28% are speciality products, tailored to individual customer needs such as transportation, construction and machinery. Billets and blooms make up 11%. The corporation distributes its products to more than 170 countries.
- ArcelorMittal is also actively researching and producing steel-based technologies and solutions to make the products and components used in our daily lives more energy efficient.
- ArcelorMittal organises its activities according to regions, each with its own product specialisation. Its flat operations in Europe and the Americas produce slabs, hot-rolled coil, cold-rolled coil, tinplate, heavy plate, and coated steel products. These products are also sold as pipes and tubes, machinery, construction and packaging, and appliances.
VALUES OF ARCELORMITTAL
- ArcelorMittal strives to be the most revered steel producer in the world, and aims to set the benchmark for the global steel industry. It sees itself as an undisputable leader in the industry.
- The company maintains transparent and constructive interaction with its clients and shareholders, which enables an environment of collaboration and trust.
- It operates by uncompromising ethics and principles such as a vision for the future, embracing multiculturalism, and ensuring the safety of its employees in all its operations. It also encourages performance and teamwork.
- The company is fully committed to exceed its shareholders’ expectations and create value for its clients.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARCELORMITTAL
- ArcelorMittal trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “MT”.
- Its performance on the market is solid. In 2018 the company registered revenue of US$76.03 billion with net income of US$5.14 billion and assets valued at US$91.24 billion.
- Its shareholders can buy and sell ArcelorMittal stock in the expectation of sound dividends on their investment.
LATEST NEWS ARCELORMITTAL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARCELORMITTAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARCELORMITTAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARCELORMITTAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARCELORMITTAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARCELORMITTAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?