ARCOS DORADOS (ARCO) Stocks
ABOUT ARCOS DORADOS
📊 Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. is the largest franchisee of McDonald’s in the world in terms of the number of restaurants and systemwide sales. It represented 6.7% of McDonald’s franchised restaurants globally as of December 2010.
📊 The company services more than 4.3 million customers daily. Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. is the largest quick service restaurant (QSR) chain in the Caribbean and Latin America. It operates its McDonald’s-branded restaurants as company-operated and franchised restaurants. Revenues depend on rental income from franchised restaurants as well as sales made by company-operated restaurants.
📊 The company’s rental income is derived from a sales percentage or the greater of a flat fee. The company’s history dates back to 2007 when it was founded. Arcos Dorados is headquartered in Montevideo, Uruguay.
📊 The company is a leading employer of young and first time job holders and has more than 94 000 employees. It operates or franchises more than 2 100 McDonald’s restaurants.
📊 Some of its subsidiaries are Sistemas McOpCO Panama, S.A., Arcos Dorados Trinidad Limited, Axis Logistica S.A. and Arcos Dorados Cooperative U.A. For
You might also like: ARCONIC STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ARCOS DORADOS
- The company operates in 20 countries and territories in the Caribbean and Latin America. These include Brazil, Chile, Panama, St. Thomas, Venezuela, Uruguay and Trinidad & Tobago.
- In 1967 McDonald’s opens its first restaurant in Puerto Rico, moving to Costa Rica in 1970 and Brazil in 1979. Mexico and Venezuela follows in 1985 and Argentina in 1986.
- In 2007 Arcos Dorados is formed after McDonald’s Latin American business is bought by the region’s operations managers. Before this transaction Woods Staton, Arcos Dorados’ Chairman, CEO and controlling shareholder, is the joint venture partner of Argentina’s McDonald’s for more than 20 years. He also serves as President of McDonald’s South Latin American division from 2004 until 2007.
- In 1986 the first Dessert Center is opened in Costa Rica. These centers operate separately from the restaurants and offers well known McDonald’s desserts like the McFlurry and soft-serve ice cream. By 2012 there are 1 952 Dessert Centers operating in Latin America.
- The McCafe concept is launched in 1999. This is aimed at attracting new breakfast and after lunch customers. Separate areas of the restaurants are dedicated to this and customers can now buy cappuccinos, mochas and lattes amongst others.
- In 2012 there are already 334 McCafe locations in Latin America. Between 2010 and 2012 Arcos Dorados renovates more than 260 restaurants. Upgrades include artwork, larger gathering areas and contemporary furniture. In 2011 the company announces its initial public offering and becomes a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 2014 Arcos Dorados dedicates itself as the organizer of the 2014 FIFA World Cup – providing customer service training to more than 15 000 volunteers. Arcos Dorados starts implementing changes to its McDonald’s menu in 2007 after worldwide scrutiny. It includes side salads as a substitute for French fries and adds fruit in Happy Meals. In 2013 it becomes the first restaurant chain in Latin America to publish its nutritional value and calorie content in restaurants.
VALUES OF ARCOS DORADOS
- Arcos Dorados contributes to its customers and communities by sponsoring various wellbeing, sports and educational programs in Latin America And the Caribbean. One such event is the Las Mujeres Corremos – the McDonald’s 5km Women’s Run. This involves more than 60 000 women in 22 cities across 19 Lantin American countries.
- The company has structured training programs that help its employees with professional and personal development. The McDonald’s University trains its employees in management, accounting as well as sales and marketing amongst other programs. Today more than 52 000 people have already participated in such courses across Latin America. Arcos Dorados is regularly ranked as one of the best employers in Latin America.
- In 2012 The Great Place To Work Institute ranked it fourth among the top 25 best multinational employers in Latin America. It was ranked sixth in 2013. The company has also led the “Super Empresas) (Super Companies) ranking by the Expansion/CNN magazine.
- Arcos Dorados also runs the Ronald McDonald House Charities which include delivering paediatric care services to remote locations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARCOS DORADOS
- Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ARCO”.
- In 2019 the company’s debt ratings by Fitch are BB+ Stable Outlook and Moody’s rates it Ba2 Stable Outlook.
- For the Fourth Quarter 2018 its revenue is $753.3 million and its net income is $9.2 million with a profit margin of 1.23%.
You might also like: AT & T STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ARCOS DORADOS
Buy ARCOS DORADOS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ARCOS DORADOS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARCOS DORADOS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARCOS DORADOS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARCOS DORADOS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARCOS DORADOS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARCOS DORADOS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ASPEN AEROGELS STOCKS