ARCOSA (ACA) Stocks
📊 Arcosa, Inc. manufactures and sells products and services related to infrastructure for the transportation, energy and constructions markets. The three segments it operates through are the Construction Products Group, the Transportation Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group.
📊 The Construction segment provides products that build bridges, roads and buildings. Its Transportation segment moves essential goods throughout the whole of North America. The Energy segment provides electricity across the world by generating, transmitting and storing power. The company has a young history as it was founded in 2018.
📊 It is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and operates in more than 40 locations. It has approximately 5 500 employees.
📊 Its subsidiaries include McConway & Torley LLC, Standard Forged Products LLC, POB Exploration LLC, Trinity Materials, Inc. and Platinum Energy Services ULC.
OVERVIEW OF ARCOSA
- Trinity Industries, Inc. announces that it will be separating into two standalone, publicly traded companies in December 2017. This is done through the spin-off of their infrastructure-related businesses to their stockholders.
- In 2018 Arcosa, Inc. is the new company distributed to the Trinity stockholders.
- The Construction Products Group segment produces natural and lightweight construction aggregates as well as shoring products and trench shields used in construction landscape. This includes industrial, commercial, underground as well as road and bridge construction. These products serve residential, industrial, commercial and highway contractors, state and local government, concrete producers, equipment rental dealers and manufacturers of masonry products.
- The Energy Equipment Group produces steel utility structures used for electricity transmission and distribution, structural wind towers used by wind turbine producers as well as non-pressurized and pressurized distribution and storage containers used for storing and transporting various products. These products include natural gas liquids, propane and anhydrous ammonia.
- The company’s third segment, the Transportation Products Group, provides tank barges, hopper barges, fiberglass covers, castings, hatches and winches used by industrial shippers and commercial marine transportation companies.
- Other products are circular forgings, axles and coupling devices for tank, freight, passenger rail and locomotive transportation equipment. Cast components for the industrial and mining sectors are also produced.
VALUES OF ARCOSA
- Today Arcosa, Inc. ensures that it brings together operating expertise, premier supply chain capabilities and established customer relationships to its investors.
- The company takes great pride in what it produces.
- It supplies products that are critical to the world’s infrastructure and its employees work hard to accomplish their goals.
- Employees have high standards for quality work and a mindset of continuous improvement. Arcosa, Inc. assists its employees with tuition reimbursement, training and development resources, leadership development programs, service awards and recognition programs.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARCOSA
- Arcosa, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ACA”.
- In February 2019 the company announces its Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Results. Revenues are $1,460.4 million, essentially flat with 2017.
- Net income is $75.7 million – down 16%. Excluding non-routine items, the adjusted net income is $89.1 million – up 7%. Diluted EPS of $1.54 – down 16%. Adjusted diluted EPS of $1.82 – up 6%. Adjusted EBITDA of $186.5 million – down 6%.
LATEST NEWS ARCOSA
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARCOSA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARCOSA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARCOSA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARCOSA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARCOSA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?