ARCUS BIOSCIENCES (RCUS) Stocks
ABOUT ARCUS BIOSCIENCES
📊 Arcus Biosciences, Inc. is a young clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It develops and commercializes cancer immunotherapies in the United States.
📊 Various programs targeting immune-oncology pathways are developed. These programs include dual adenosine receptor antagonist AB928, which is currently in a Phase I/lb clinical trial.
📊 Also included in the program is AB122, an anti-PD-1 antibody in Phase I clinical trial. Arcus Biosciences, Inc. is also developing AB154 – an anti-T-cell immunoreceptor with lg and ITIM domains antibody. This is in Phase I trial as monotherapy. Another development is AB 680 – a small-molecule inhibitor of CD73 in a Phase I healthy volunteer study.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 2015 when it was founded. It has approximately 83 employees and is headquartered is in Hayward, California – the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub.
OVERVIEW OF ARCUS BIOSCIENCES
- Arcus Biosciences is founded on a vision of using emerging insights in immunology to create new cancer therapeutics. Its founders are a group of seasoned researchers from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- The company does not view the drug discovery process as a commodity that can be outsourced but as one that requires equal parts of technology and art as well as science and elegance. Therefore the company has assembled and is constantly building an internal team of uniquely qualified individuals with extraordinary skills, knowledge and drive.
- Today Arcus is establishing a portfolio of novel therapeutics encompassing both biologics and small molecules targeting various facets of the immune system implicated in modulation or pathology of the cellular processes of cancer. Various combinations of these new drugs will be used to combat cancer.
- The company’s lead program targets the adenosine pathway. This plays a significant role in driving immuno-suppression in the tumor micro-environment.
VALUES OF ARCUS BIOSCIENCES
- Arcus is committed to maintaining the highest standards of business conduct and ethics. The company believes in doing the right things for the right reason and operating with honesty and integrity.
- Arcus Biosciences’ mission is to create innovating cancer immunotherapies to make a meaningful difference in its patients’ lives. The company acts with integrity when dealing with fellow employees, suppliers, collaborators, patients, clinical investigators and others.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARCUS BIOSCIENCES
- Arcus Biosciences, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “RCUS”.
- In March 2019 the company announces its Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Financial Results. It ends 2018 with $259.7 million in cash and investments – compared to $175.7 million in 2017. Full year 2018 collaboration and license revenues amount to $8.4 million – compared to $1.4 million in 2017.
- In May 2019 Arcus announces its Financial Results for the First Quarter 2019. Cash, cash equivalents and both short-term and long-term investments are $243.1 million as of the first quarter ended March 31, 2019 – compared to $259.7 million at December 31, 2018. The decrease is primarily due to the utilization of cash to fund operations.
- Collaboration and license revenues for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019 is $1.8 million – compared to $1.3 million in 2018. Net loss for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019 is $17.7 million – compared to $13.0 million in 2018.
- The net loss increase is primarily attributed to changes in operating expenses noted above offset by the increase in interest income and revenues.
LATEST NEWS ARCUS BIOSCIENCES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARCUS BIOSCIENCES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARCUS BIOSCIENCES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARCUS BIOSCIENCES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARCUS BIOSCIENCES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARCUS BIOSCIENCES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?