ARDMORE SHIPPING (ASC) Stocks
ABOUT ARDMORE SHIPPING
📊 Ardmore Shipping Corporation provides its international customers with shipping services through time charters, commercial pools as well as voyage charters. It has close working relationships with its technical management and key commercial partners worldwide.
📊 The company has a solid financial foundation which supports growth and has the agility to seize new opportunities as a first-class organization. Ardmore’s history dates back to 2010 when it was founded.
📊 The company’s headquarters is in Bermuda. Its subsidiaries include Anglo Ardmore Ship Management Limited, Dover Shipco LLC, Portland Shipco LLC, Saltee Shipco LLC and Trafalgar Shipco LLC.
OVERVIEW OF ARDMORE SHIPPING
- Ardmore Shipping Corporation is incorporated in 2013.
- It operates a fleet of more than 20 high-quality chemical and modern products tankers. The average age of the fleet is around four years and today it is amongst the most modern in the industry. The company provides seaborne transportation of chemicals and petroleum products to oil companies, chemical traders and chemical companies.
- Ardmore’s double-hulled vessels include Ardmore Seaventure, Ardmore Sealion, Ardmore Seavaliant, Ardmore Seahawk, Ardmore Seatrader and Ardmore Seamaster.
- The majority of Ardmore’s more than 30 subsidiaries represent single ship-owning companies. Subsidiaries which carry out Ardmore’s management and associated functions include Ardmore Shipping (Bermuda) Limited (ASBL). Ardmore Shipping Services (Ireland) Limited (ASSIL) provides the company’s accounting, operations, corporate and administration services. Commercial chartering and management services are provided by Ardmore Shipping (Asia) Pte. Limited (ASA). Subsidiary Ardmore Shipping (Americas) LLC (ASUS) provides chartering services and commercial management for Ardmore Shipping Corporation.
- The company works hard to embrace the challenges of the shipping industry which is an operationally intensive business. Ardmore operates and trades worldwide in a constantly changing commercial environment which is subject to stringent regulations. It competes in a cyclical and capital intensive business environment while maintaining tight control on costs and risks.
VALUES OF ARDMORE SHIPPING
- Ardmore Shipping is dedicated to crew welfare, health and safety as well as quality operations. The company values Respect, Integrity and Professionalism.
It is dedicated to sustainable practices promoting environmental preservation.
- On a daily basis all seafarers and staff commit to operating policies and procedures that target zero oil spill pollution incidents. Ardmore promotes the use of best practices when applying environmental protection standards on a proactive basis.
- The company complies with all regulatory and statutory requirements by implementing environmental improvements as well as new regulations. It also develops programmes and policies limiting the generation of waste.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARDMORE SHIPPING
- Ardmore Shipping Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ASC”.
- As a publicly listed company Ardmore is dedicated to creating long-term value for its shareholders and maintaining a strong relationship with its investors. The company puts accountability, responsibility and transparency central to its business.
- In February 2019 the company announces is financial results for the Twelve Months Ended December 31, 2018 and 2017. It reports a net loss of $42.9 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2018 – or $1.31 loss per basic and diluted share – compared to a net loss of $12.5 million – or $0.37 loss per basic and diluted share, for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017.
- This reflects a loss on the sale of the Ardmore Seatrader, the write-off of deferred finance fees in relation to the sale, leaseback transactions and a loss from continuing operations.
- Ardmore reports EBITDA of $22.8 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2018 – compared to $45.7 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017.
- Revenue for the three months ended December 31, 2018 is $58.4 million. This is an increase of $10.6 million from $47.8 million for the three months ended December 31, 2017.
LATEST NEWS ARDMORE SHIPPING
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARDMORE SHIPPING Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARDMORE SHIPPING STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARDMORE SHIPPING STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARDMORE SHIPPING stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARDMORE SHIPPING stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?