ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED (ASA) Stocks
ABOUT ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED
📊 ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited is a closed-end fund that focusses on the mining of precious metals and minerals. ASA Limited invests in companies involved in the exploration, and development of gold, silver, platinum, diamonds etc.
📊 The company relies on data analysis and research when making investment decisions. ASA Limited also provides its shareholders with an investment portfolio composed of stocks of companies that focus on the exploration, mining and processing of metals & minerals.
📊 The company is one of the oldest mining investment management firms and is registered with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. ASA Limited is situated in Bermuda, Florida.
You might also like: ARTISAN PARTNERS ASSET MANAGEMENT STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED
- ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited is originally named American – South African Investment Company Limited in South Africa. Chairman of Engelhard Industries, Charles Engelhard, founds the company in 1958.
- The idea of the company is to provide Americans with the opportunity to invest in companies that are in the business of gold mining, as Americans are not allowed to own gold bullion.
- South Africa provides more than 80 percent of the world’s gold. At this time it is difficult for American investors to buy stocks on the Johannesburg stock market, but the American – South African Investment Company makes it possible to buy stocks and trade on the market.
- The company’s original investment policies prohibits it to invest anywhere else but in South Africa. This changes in 1969 when policies are changed and the company can now invest 20 percent of its assets in other countries. ASA Limited is incorporated on the 29th of April 2003.
- The tax law in South Africa changes and in 2004 the company moves its location to Bermuda to avoid the company and its shareholders being affected by this. A year later shareholders approve the change of investment policies and it can now purchase stocks worldwide without restrictions.
VALUES OF ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED
- ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited values its investors and its investment strategy includes detailed research, including executive meetings, industry conferences, annual site visits and financial analysis before any investment decision is made.
- This hands-on process helps to identify any insights from geologists, contractors and mine operators as to what drives the potential company, any setbacks and whether it will be a good investment for ASA Limited and its investors. T
- he company tracks changes as well as potential opportunities.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED
- ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol ASA. Since 2005 ASA Limited has been paying a price that board members agree upon for dividends to its shareholders.
- January 28, 2019 ASA Limited’s financial report for the year ending November 2018 shows net assets of $194,834 million ($10.10 per share).
- Net investment income is $1,6 million. The company has an annual revenue of $3.8 million.
You might also like: ARTHUR J. GALLAGHER & CO. STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ON ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ASA GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS LIMITED stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ARROW ELECTRONICS STOCKS