ASCENTIAL PLC (ASCL) Shares
ABOUT ASCENTIAL PLC
📊 Ascential plc (formerly EMAP), a business-to-business media company, was founded in 1947 and has its headquarters in London in the United Kingdom.
📊 The company specializes in exhibitions and festivals, as well as information services. Ascential’s information offering enables customers to optimize their product portfolio development – from product design to marketing and sales.
📊 The company originated in 1974 as East Midland Allied Press (EMAP). The latter was established by Pat Winfrey through the merger of the Northamptonshire Printing and Publishing Co., the Perterborough Advertiser Co., West Norfolk and King’s Lynn Newspaper Co.
📊 The company grew exponentially over the years through acquisitions. In 2012 it was renamed Top Right Group but still used the EMAP name for its magazines operation. However, in 2015, the EMAP brand was scrapped and all the company titles moved to digital-only format. The company was also renamed as Ascential plc.
📊 Some of the company’s most noticeable activities include the Cannes Lions festival which it powers for the branded communications industry.
📊 It also powers Money20/20, the U.K.’s largest trade show, the global fashion trend forecasting service WGSN and environmental data business Groundsure, to name but four. Today, the company employs approximately 1 500 people across its operations.
OVERVIEW OF ASCENTIAL PLC
- Ascential plc focuses on essential products that connect and inform business professionals who utilise digital economy.
- Its information services provide industry-specific business intelligence, forecasting and insights through data and digital subscription tools. Is information services are directed towards product design, strategic advice, marketing and sale via retail, as well as e-commerce strategy and analytics products.
- The company specializes in innovative product design for the future. It also guides clients to create, execute and measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns.
- Ascential’s e-commerce analytics brands deliver data, analytics and industry-specific intelligence to unearth distribution opportunities, identify key products and drive growth.
- The company operates from 14 offices worldwide and partners with business professionals in over 150 countries.
- Its main operations are conducted in the UK, United States and the United Arabic Emirates.
VISION & VALUES OF ASCENTIAL PLC
- Ascential plc enables smart decision-making for the world’s most ambitious businesses.
- It is passionate about optimising its client offering, from product design to marketing and sales.
- Its business model is founded on sound business practices that adhere to core values such as integrity, efficiency, innovation, drive and accountability.
- The company strives to foster trust among its employees, partners and shareholders.
- By being open and accountable, it stimulates growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ASCENTIAL PLC
- Ascential plc trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol “ASCL”.
- The company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
- For fiscal 2018, Ascential recorded total revenue of £ 348.5 million, operating income of £ 91.0 million and net income of £ 20.0 million.
- Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect sound dividends and returns on their investments.