ABOUT ASPEN PHARMACARE
📊 Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, a South African multinational pharmaceutical holding company, boasts a pride history of more than 160 years, and is the largest pharmaceutical company in Africa. It is a global supplier of branded and generic pharmaceutical and nutritional products. The company operates in more than 150 countries, and has a product portfolio of more than 650 branded medicines. Its main focus is on generics and treatments for tuberculosis and HIV/Aids. The company’s affordable products are used for a wide spectrum of acute and chronic conditions experienced through all stages of life.
📊 The group operates 26 manufacturing facilities on six continents. Aspen trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the stock symbol “APN”. Aspen’s shares have been showing continuous growth since the company’s listing.
📊 In 2003, Aspen Pharmacare took its position as the biggest generic medicine distributor in South Africa. This led to Ingelheim, Boehringer and GlaxoSmithKline filing anti-competitive charges against the company. Aspen was then granted licenses from the companies to manufacture generic versions of antiretrovirals (ARVs) for governments in Sub-Saharan Africa.
📊 The company’s manufactures a wide variety of product types, comprising of injectables, oral solid dose liquids, semi-solids, steriles, biologicals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. The company’s focus is on core categories such as Regional Brands, Anaesthetics, Thrombosis, High Potency &Cytotoxics and Nutritionals.
📊 Aspen Pharmacare Holdings have been granted international manufacturing approvals from the respected global regulatory agencies such as the United States Food and Drug Administration, the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines, and Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration.
You might also like: ANHEUSER-BUSCH INBEV SHARES
ASPEN PHARMACARE SHARES GROWTH DRIVER
- Aspen Pharmacare has introduced various initiatives over the past financial year in an effort to accelerate growth and add value for its shareholders. Some of these include improving margins in infant nutritionals, lowering the cost for the anti-coagulant portfolio, adding new manufacturing capacity and technologies online, building its third party API business and leveraging intellectual property Aspen intends to purchase. These initiatives are expected to gain more momentum, which will result in a rise in the Aspen shareprice. The company plans to earn an additional R2.5 billion from these initiatives by the end of the 2019 financial year.
- The company’s international revenue from clients in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent State (“Europe CIS”) has increased dramatically by 45% to R10.5 billion. Of these sales, R6.9 billion was derived from finished dose-form pharmaceuticals.
- Whilst sales in Australia were 8% lower (at R7.2 billion, the company’s sales in Asia increased by 39% to R1.3 billion, due to strong advances in Japan. Aspen’s revenue in Sub-Saharan Africa was 1% higher at R2.8 billion. The company’s sales revenue in Latin America (excluding Venezuela) also grew by a remarkable 44% to R3.4 billion.
- The company’s sales revenue, however, showed the most remarkable increase in Venezuela. It increased by 143 % to R2.7 billion after adhering to hyper inflationary accounting principles. Its revenue in Asia Pacific decreased by 5% to R8.1 billion whilst EBITA decreased by 10% to R1.7 billion.
- The company’s total revenue for the 2018 fiscal year was R42.596 billion. These strong financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
ASPEN PHARMACARE INVESTOR TIPS
- Aspen Pharmacare Holding’s shareprice has registered a continuous rise since 2011, which makes the company’s shares and attractive investment for shareholders. In 2016, 12 polled investment analysts agreed that the expectation is that Aspen Pharmacare will outperform the market. The company’s strong financials since then support this view.
- New acquisitions, capital investments and expansion into international markets will also increase dividends for shareholders and investors in the coming years. Shareholders are therefore well advised to hold onto their shares in anticipation of this value increase. Likewise, new investors are encouraged to buy Aspen shares.
You might also like: ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ASPEN PHARMACARE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ASPEN PHARMACARE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ASPEN PHARMACARE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ASPEN PHARMACARE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ASPEN PHARMACARE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ANGLO AMERICAN PLC SHARES