ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS PLC (ABF) Shares
ABOUT ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS PLC
📊 Associated British Foods plc (ABF), a British multinational food processing and retailing company, was founded in 1935 and has its headquarters in London.
📊 The company was established by Canadian W. Garfield Weston in 1935 as Food Investments Limited, but its name was changed to Allied Bakeries Limited a month later. The company then underwent various changes and acquisitions and adopted its new name, Associated British Foods, in 1960.
📊 ABF’s ingredients division is the world’s second-largest producer of sugar and baker’s yeast, as well as a leading producer of ingredients such as emulsifiers, enzymes and lactose.
📊 The grocery division manufactures branded- and private-label grocery products under brands such as Mazola, Ovaltine, Ryvita, and Jordans, to name but a few.
📊 The company’s retail division, Primark, operates 345 stores in Austria, Belgium, France, Italy, Ireland, Germany, Portugal, Spain, the United States, and the UK.
📊 The company’s activities in the UK, Australia and US comprise grocery product manufacturing, milling and baking, as well as soft-goods retailing.
📊 It generates the vast majority of its revenue in the UK and Ireland.
📊 Today, the company employs about 137 000 people across its global operations.
OVERVIEW OF ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS PLC
- Associated British Foods plc conducts its operations through a number of business divisions: Primary Food and Agriculture; Ingredients and Oils; Grocery; Retail and Packaging, and Australia and New Zealand (George Weston Foods).
- The company owns a host of subsidiaries. All – whether self-developed or acquired – retain their individuality in name, clientele and operation, whilst maintaining strong ties with the parent company.
- Some of its subsidiaries include, amongst others, British Sugar, AB Sugar, AB Agri Ltd, AB Enzymes, AB Mauri, Abitec Corporation and Abitec Ltd.
- Company brands are Allison, Argo cornstarch, Aladino Peanut Butter, Burgen, Capullo, Dorset Cereals and Dromedary cake mixes, to name but a few.
VISION & VALUES OF ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS PLC
- Associated British Foods plc operates according to a business principle called “Value Together”. This refers to the benefit it gains from being part of a large organisation of people working towards the same objective.
- It supports its clientele and stakeholders, and operates in a manner that is open and transparent. Integrity is the foundation for its activities and decisions.
- This business model creates trust, enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS PLC
- Associated British Foods plc trades on the on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) under the stock symbol “ABF”. It is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of £ 15.547 million, net income of £ 1.344 million and operating income of £ 1.344 million.
- This financial performance bodes well for shareholders who buy or sell company shares as they can expect sound dividends and returns.